Anxiety Community
Nobody Responded ... Anxiety Programs ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Nobody Responded ... Anxiety Programs ?

Hi everyone, my question is ... has anyone tried any of the various anxiety programs
available. Many of the programs are said to be "tried and true" methods of eliminating anxiety and that they were created by former anxiety sufferers. There are too many to mention by name. I really want to hear from people who have made the investment and if it paid off (and of course the name of the programs they used). Some of these websites are so convincing in their presentation, and I don't wwant to get sucked in to some "crapola". Please, tell me your story good or bad. Thank You
SORRY FOR THE DOUBLE> PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS ONE. USE THE OTHER
ONE ABOVE IT. TOTALLY UNINTENTIONAL
I haven'theard of "anxiety programs". please enlighten me.  I have had anxiety forever and have had much counseling and much medicayion and much walking and throwing pillows and etc.  Smply for me I have racing thughts and am very compulsive and high strung..
Haven't "seen" you in a while.  I have the Linden Method.  Maybe it was just the way that I wasn't able to truly work the program because of time constraints, but I had little, if any, success with it.  I would not suggest investing all that money in it.  It pretty much just tells his story (which is very good) and then just relaxation tapes you are suppose to do during the day.  His 9 pillars are things we already know..."stop going to doctors, know that you are ok and that anxiety cannot harm you, face your fears, etc".
Thank you Suzie-q, I have not been around the site because I am doing much better. Sometimes being on Med-type sites can reenforce your problem. It is sometimes better to get away from it. I am back mostly just to research these anxiety programs. So you bought the LInden Method, how much wwas it ? The Linden Method is one I was initially looking at. These various programs are not cheap and I like to see some real life trials. Of course there are many testimonials on their websites, but who knows if they are true.

To the other Suzie-q 87, these anxiety programs are advertised all over the internet (do a google search) as a way of curing anxiety. Most of them involve purchasing a package of materials that usually include CD's, DVD's and a workbook of some sort. The Linden Method is one ... something seems a little fishy about this one, because you can never find any independant reviews of the program. There are many others.
I have used the attacking anxiety and depression program by Lucinda Bassett...dfrom the Midwest Center..I cannot stress how much this program helped me..knowing now what I did not know then...I wish I had purchased the program when I  first saw the infomercial.  I purchased the program in 2002..I was going through nursing school..had I not taken the program..I believe o would have quit nursing due to my anxiety and low self esteem and WHAT IF THINKING..I have been anxiety free since 2002..if you are skeptical...Remember you can return the program...just like I did the first time I ordered the program..I returned it because my husband was upset...he felt I did not need it..that I just needed to change my way of thinking..so I didn't even get to listen to any of the lessons..I didn't even open it..but then I reordered it via three payments vs one lump sum payment...my husband will testify my behavior changed for the better...my son, my nursing schoolmates also noticed a change in me..they would comment..Gosh I wish I could be as confident as you..I realized they too suffered from anxiety, self esteem impairment...I believe this could also help bullied victims...cyber bullied kids...I wish I could implement this program in our elementary schools..I believe othis program can benefit ANYONE from the age of 6..yes six years old..I hope this comment assists you in your decision making...remember yoy can always return the program, chances are you will not return it if you listen to the first CD and complete your self assessment. Good luck..I sure hope you get the program..I believe you will not REGRET it
Welcome to MedHelp.

I just wanted to point out that you've posted on a VERY old thread.  It's easy to do, which is why I like to let newer folks know to check the date on a thread (and the latest reply).  It's best to start a new thread, rather than bumping an old one, which will push the current threads down the page.

Again, welcome!
abi112233 commented on Unexplained tongue pr...
LovemyKids86 commented on cnj76's status
LovemyKids86 What a day, found out my ol... Comment