Anxiety Community
Numb chin scaring me

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Numb chin scaring me

My chin has been numb since I got up this morning.  I've never had this symptom before and it's making me quite nervous.  I made the mistake of looking up "numb chin" online and the same thing kept coming up - that numb chin syndrome is a syptom (symptom) of cancers and there are stories of people who had this, their doctor brushed them off and they died.  I'm really hoping someone can tell me that they have had this symptom and it's not as ominous as I'm thinking right now. Please let me know if you've heard of this.  Thanks.
I have gotten numbness and tingles in my face from the anxiety...Try not to think about it so much and STOP googling it!  See how it is in a couple of days...It could also be a pinched nerve......don't think the worst!  .. (Like I am one to talk!!!LOL)
Avatar n tn
Hi, I have symptoms of my whole face going numb thats scarey and I was looking up these symptoms on the net. My doctor told me its all part of my anxiety and panic and he said im googleling to much trying to self diagnose myself which can often make things worse......
Avatar n tn
hey

yes i agree STOP googling things. dont worry about all your syptoms (symptoms). i do it all time and its not good, it just makes your stress out for NO REASON!!!! i know its probally scary but its nothing serious im sure. dont worry. :)
I am also having chin numbness now.  I had these last year and I consulted Neurologist, though he send me to Phychiatrist.  After few days its gone.  After one year now again its happening.  I too tried in google, scared.  I am suffering from Anxiety, depression, OCD and taking tables for that.  Can anyone plz suggest me what needs to be done for this. Thanks
I have numbness on the right side of my chin for the past week. When I looked up information on the computer I got scared to death with all the cancer warnings. I went to my MD who never heard of anyone with a number chin or "numb chin sydrome". He took a blood test & told me to go the the dentist for a panorex xray of the jaw. I haven't had any dental problems & go faithfully every 6 months......any ideas about numb chin besides cancer scares..............
Avatar n tn
I have a lump on my nipples, and I am only 13 and also my chin is very numb, and it has been about a month or more now, and I googled some things on breast cancer and I am really scared now!! do you guys think I have breast cancer?
Long shot I keep getting A numb chin and numb rib ect feels like when you have rested on it for too long im freaking out
melimeli BRING BACK THE NEWSFEED! Comment
Avatar n tn
drewc987 commented on A very inspiring colu...
50-Year Cover-Up
11 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms