Numbness in throat from Xanax ?
I started taking Xanax the day before yesterday. I am only taking half a pill at a time (they are .25 mg). The day before yesterday I took half in the morning and half at night (only when my anxiety kicked in) Then yesterday I took half of one in the morning which gave me a little numbness in the throat. When I took the other half last night the numbness was worse, lasted longer. Is this a normal side effect ? I can't get the ER or anyone to answer this over the phone. The pharmacy said it's probably just dry in my house but it only happens when I take the pill ? I'm too scared to take it now.
That's a new one for me, haven't heard of that being a side effect, which makes me wonder if you're having an allergic reaction to it?  I would recommend letting your doc know before taking any more.  

Let us know!