OCD/Anxiety/Hiv risk
Hi, I just posted this question in the HIV prevention forum :

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/HIV-Prevention/Pre---Masturbation/show/2185375#post_10451613

I got answers to my questions, however they were short and sort of premade. Anybody with anxiety issues or/and OCD will understand that this just doesn't do it.

I would very much like your opinion on this event and how I should deal with it now, thank you I am verry worried and the kind of person that goes to the worst case scenario immediately (example, hiv infection, social rejection, etc)

Thank you!
Can somebody please reply?
Now I m even thinking I was at risk because I showered and maybe he used the towel I put aside on purpose to clean himself and put his precum on it or worse semen and I used after showering.

Ok I admit I have a huge anxiety problem, but I need someone to look at this and tell me what they think before I go nuts.
I'm in no position to give advice. But I think I agree on Teak on this one. It's best to seek counseling for your anxiety.

Good luck.
thank you, I know that.
You don't have an HIV concern.  You admit that you struggle with anxiety issues, have you been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder?

Your focus and energy need to be on addressing the anxiety, not on continuing to seek information and reassurance about HIV.  That is actually fueling your anxiety.  Please read the following really great article about seeking reassurance as one of the facets of anxiety/OCD, and how it is actually detrimental:

http://www.ocdla.com/blog/reassurance-seeking-ocd-anxiety-597

If the anxiety is not addressed, the seeking reassurance very much becomes an obsession too, hence why we see poster in the HIV forum getting banned for excessive posting, only to come back over and over, with new ids (dozens of them sometimes)....because their NEED for reassurance becomes almost like an addiction.  It's NOT healthy.

Good luck!
I have been diagnosed with OCD but because of other reasons I couldn't see my therapist anymore. I am not on medications, however I feel like my situation is deteriorating in the last few weeks.

Although I might add that HIV is not the only anxiety/OCD I have, but it s one of the worst because I feel like I cannot control it no matter how hard I try.

You see the person admitted to test each year but also admitted to having unprotected sex with a few very good friends.

I assume you read the post I posted on the HIV prevention forum, and I looked up your profile and it says you are a nurse?

If you are sure I will not turn hiv positive out of this i will try to take your word and find a solution to my mental health problems, it ain't easy
?
You've already been told numerous times that you don't have an HIV concern.  I said the same thing.  Of course I read your post, otherwise I wouldn't have been able to comment on the HIV aspect.

Yes I am a registered nurse.

You need to get help with your anxiety and OCD.  Whatever reason you weren't able to see your therapist anymore, you either need to resolve that and resume seeing her/him, or find a new one and start over.  Otherwise, you stay on the merry go round.
I am working on finding a new therapist, it s not easy to find one you "connect" to.

The fact that I noticed some chapped skin on my finger doesn't change anything in your assessment?

Thank you.
more like peeling skin
I am in the same place that you are. My experience tells me that the best cure for our problem is to understand that there is none bulletproof of the illnesses.When I am searching for symptoms of ars etc I am thinking that in the same time there are young people who can not even move their legs and arms and I am feeling a litle relaxed and in a way blessed that I havent experienced the worst of this world. In the end the only option is to hold on and there is just no way that better days will not come (with hiv or not).I also like to think that we in a way..we are in the good side becaouse it this moment we do have something that other pour souls out there dont have,we have hope that in the end we are going to be in the clear.I really hope I helped you with my thougts mate.
"The fact that I noticed some chapped skin on my finger doesn't change anything in your assessment?"

That's just more "what if" thinking.  I would definitely recommend working on finding a new therapist, and start doing what you can on your own as well.  Try posting on the OCD forum.  You'll get great ideas there:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Obsessive-Compulsive-Disorder-OCD-/show/231
thanks, I bookmarked the link you posted.  What if thinking is the whole problem, however right now it is the only thing giving me reassurance. For example, right now I feel like, you would have honestly told me that peeled skin doen t change the "no risk", however, I also ask myself, what if the thinks I am dramatizing the situation and she doesn t see the risk. Be aware that I do think your help is amazing, those are just thoughts that run through my head.

Thank you for the OCD forum advice but I think the internet is harming me more than anything.
Then shut your computer off and get busy doing something.  Idle time is the worst thing for an anxiety sufferer.  And the internet is okay like anything IN moderation, and instead of spending your internet time reading about/searching for info on HIV, then instead read about ways you can help the OCD/anxiety.  It will be a much better use of your time.