Anxiety Community
Ok This Is the Right one. Please read!!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Ok This Is the Right one. Please read!!

So to make a long story short, I had my first panic attack in the mid of January 08.
2 Weeks after, I was surfing through the internet about panic attacks and anxiety, and I found this website. I signed up for it and alot of you have helped me a lot. Then I was having panic attacks and anxiety till the end of April.
Now, I don't have anxiety anymore.. Well its not completely 'gone', but I feel much better than when I first had it. In these 4 months (May,June,July,August), I haven't had any panic attacks. However, I'm still anxious about some things.
I don't know why, I always panic whenever I have to deal with stuff that reminds me of the first day I had anxiety (ex: It was at midnight; It was winter, very cold weather; I was in a movie theater when I had it). The worst part is the movie theater.

This is the story: I was watching Cloverfield. In the first 10 minutes, the movie gave me a heavy headache, I didn't know that I had motion sickness, then I had a shortness of breath and my heart beat very fast. I told my mom that I had to go to the bathroom; I didn't want to panic her or something. I thought I was going to die there because I thought I had a heart attack. So I went outside, took a breath, and I was still panicking. I started praying, asking God to give me some more time to live.. I know pretty dramatic eh? haha.. Then I went back up and told my mom that something is wrong with me. Then she went outside with me and I told her what happened. We went to the emergency room right away and the doctor checked everything, yea the EKG test and all. The doctor said the test went well. THEN, he told me that I had anxiety.

So from that day, I never wanted to go to movie theaters anymore. I'm too afraid and I have no idea why. Though in June, I went to the movie theater to watch Get Smart with my friends. They forced me to go with them. I didn't want to ''chicken out'' and tell my friends that I had anxiety and I couldn't go.. I couldn't imagine how embarrassing that would be if I had told them. So I watched it and I prayed to God that I wouldn't have panic attacks. In the first 10 minutes, when the commercials showed up, I was anxious, but then when the movie started, my anxiety fades away because I kept telling myself that it's not a horror movie, it's just a comedy.Then yeah I went home safely and I didn't have panic attacks during that movie (though in the beginning I was very anxious).

Also the following month I went to watch Hancock (again was forced by my friends) and I had the EXACT dilemma. I was very anxious during the beginning of the movie but I calmed down eventually.

However, I still don't want to go to movie theaters. I bet if I didn't watch it with my friends, I would panic because I couldn't stand the peer pressure. (Yea peer pressure is greater than anxiety haha).

Also, this is very weird: boredom gives me anxiety.
Yep believe it or not. It always does. I don't know why. Can u guys help me please?
I come to medhelp today because I just had a small panic attack. I just woke up from an afternoon nap and I was very bored. Then suddenly I got this panic attack.. It's weird that in 4 months I haven't had any and today I got it from boredom.
This frustrates me; I thought I was completely gone from anxiety.
Well I know a decent remedy for my problem: Writing here on this forum. It helps me release my anxiety and anger. I feel like people actually listen to me and understand me. My family doesn't understand me at all and they never listen to me when I have problems. They're that kind of family : tough and strict. They think that I have anxiety because I'm too spoiled and they feel that anxiety is just a problem caused by myself because I worry too much.

Oh well that's all I have to write for today.
Thanks for those who are reading this and concern me.
crazydoglady12 commented on Day 34; Tramadol Cold...
forget_me_not commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
mladd joined this community
Welcome them!