Omega 3 Fish Oil for Anxiety
Is it ok to take Omega 3 Fish Oil with an SSRI medication?  I have read some places that the Fish Oil can help the effectiveness of the medication as well as help in other areas such as cardiovascular, cancer prevention, etc.  Has anybody tried this?  Does it work or is it all just here say?  I have also read where it increased some peoples anxiety.  Just wondering...
Most everyone knows or has heard about omega-3. The omega that many haven't heard about but that is very important to your health is omega-6. While omega-6 isn't bad in and of itself, what's bad about omega-6 is that Americans get too much of it.

Having too much omega-6 and not enough omega-3 in your diet leads to many diseases. To avoid these diseases, you must keep these two very important essential fatty acids in balance or the right ratio. When they get out of balance, you get sick.
Perhaps you could enlighten us as to how and why Americans get too much Omega-6 and what we can do to bring the two into balance. Is there a test we should request from our doctors so we know where we stand in regards to our "omega ratio?"

Don't tell us that if we have too much of one and not enough of the other it leads to many diseases and then just end your post! Yikes............toss us a rope! Or some pills.

Peace
Greenlydia
Taking Omega 3 Fish Oil is fine with the SSRI's.  It does not increase anxiety and is known to help with the nervous, and cardiovascular systems.  The benefits are numerous!  Hope this helps, and take care!
i don't know about SSRI drug interaction but i'm on omega 3 fish oil supplements (maxalife) because of my heart condition, dry eyes, and hypertension. and yes, fish oil can aid in medicine but this is very tricky because drugs have different reactions/interactions so it is important to consult your doctor about it before taking anything with your SSRI because from what i know about SSRIs is that they may have serious side effects/drug interactions.

wish everyone good health! :D
I've never heard of fish oils affecting anxiety one way or the other. I've read that B vitamins might have serve some benefit to those suffering from depression or anxiety, particularly B-6 and B-12, but you don't want to take too much of those either.