Anxiety Community
Ovrwhelming Symptoms

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Ovrwhelming Symptoms

Hello Everyone,
Sorry for the long posting in advance just trying to figure out what is going on with my anxiety. It all started when I was about 17 years old, I am now 23, I was in college always a straight edge when I found myself getting into the wrong things to fit in. I started smoking pot only did it a handful of time like roughly 8 to 10 times. After the last couple times I did it I suffered from really bad panic attacks and felt like I was losing my mind. So that is where I believe me anxiety came from.
Now after a few years my anxiety has gotten much worse and more debilitating then prior. It makes it hard to go out and enjoy myself always afraid of what people think and just the physical effects are the worst and the most stressful.
Just last week it felt like I was doing better and possibly coming out of this spell but then it hit me even worse the same symptoms I have always been experiencing but worse. My confusion (brain fog) has been even worse always being exhausted, feeling overwhelmed, feel stressed, body aches, twitching and trembling, shortness of breath and not being able to focus on one task. It feels more and more like I am going to lose my mind and I always consider the thought of checking myself into the loony bin.
I guess I am beyond frustrated and so stressed out I don’t know where to turn. I have gone to the doctor several times have taken several blood tests and everything come up normal. I really don’t know if my doctor is too much of a help to me anymore. I am trying to improve my diet and the use of tobacco products but that is what I lean towards for comfort.
Please if anyone out here has experienced this or is going through this let me know what I can do or maybe try to help rid myself of this awful thing.
Thanks.
I have been doing some research on Pot and from what I have read yes it can lead to panic attacks and anxiety.... I smoked pot since I was 14 and Im 27 now, last year about the same time I quit smoking to better my health (No anxiety symptoms before hand), it was about a week later when everything hit me and it hit me HARD... I was having panic attacks thinking I was going to die at any second, always looking on the internet to come up with an answer about the symptoms I was having....

I went to the doctor and told he what was happening, she said stress anxiety so I was put on medication... they did help but I quit them cold turkey cause I was feeling better (Bad mistake). A year later I am back on the medication and right now I feel fine but before the panic attacks and everything else was just a constant battle.

What i was feeling was pretty much what you are feeling.... it ***** I know. I have had MANY tests done and everything came back clear.
I didnt think my doctor was helping or even listening to me so I went to 4 other doctors just to be sure and they all came back with the same answers.. For me right now I have been drinking Chamomile tea all day, now I know it is to help you sleep and relax but I find it keeps me mellow all day and its actually nice it really does help relive some anxiety symptoms (for me it does). Try that out it may help, but if you feel that your doctor isnt doing a good job of taking care of you, if the option is there then go see another doctor for a second opinion.
hi there, im sorry if you suffer from your anxiety, I get so many symptoms I get scared of dying, I have lost so much weight over my anxiety and depression, well I get depression because my anxiety, I get so sad I don't understand why anxiety does this to me, I miss my self being normal when I used to go out with worry so much,, Now I feel like I don't enjoy my self. I feel frustrated exhausted tired, I just want all this feeling to go away and live a happy life, I am happy that im still alive but in the sametime I feel sad that anxiety can be such a evil thing.. But I try to pray and praying helps me sooo much it helps me stay strong n keep my faith that one day I will be cure from this illness..
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Goldensong57 is ... Comment
melimeli Some people are angels! Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms