Anxiety Community
Painful to touch around eyebrows - anyone else??

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Off and on I experience pain along my eyebrows or just above them (to touch).  It almost feels like pressing on a bruise.  There is no lump or mark to see or feel, just the pain somedays (but not all days).  It comes in different spots along my eyebrows on different days.  Makes me nervous as I have been struggling with anxiety and do the usual worrying about it, like thinking it's  the beginning signs of something ominous. Hoping someone can give me some insight to put my mind at ease.

Thanks for your help.
I have a similar thing. It started with a tired feeling above my brows during a sinus infection. It then evolved into a weird-feeling spot on the left brow, and then after that it spread itself all the way across my forehead and up onto my scalp. For me it is clearly muscle tension. I feel the muscles tense to express my brows. At one point it even affected the mobility of my eye a little! At its worst lately it has been painfully tight and caused headaches as well.
My doctor said it could be tension caused by sinus pressure that snowballed with time or just stress tension. So I wouldn't be surprised if you may have tension causing painful spots because of anxiety/stress.
Relaxation helps, a cool gel eye mask on the area soothes, and I've even had a sinus/facial massage on the area. Hope this helps.
I had the same pain, across my brows and sinus pressure, but it turned out to be giantism/ agromegaly.
WOW guys!  I currently have pain and tenderness under both eyebrows....but it hurts only when I touch the area.  But the thing is.....when I touch the area the pain is quite present and it really hurts!  I noticed it when I was putting on my eye makeup about a week ago.  I have never had this before but it is very real!  Should I be concerned?
I have same thing and once it looked like the area had a burn on it but not this time.  Hurts like hell when pressed but I don't feel a lump or bump.  Weird.  Comes and goes too.
If you've ruled out a sinus infection, have you been checked for TMJ? Often people with anxiety, like myself, tense their jaw without realizing it, and if your teeth aren't in perfect alignment it can cause the really sensitive pains in the cheekbones, eyebrows, and temporal areas. Try keeping your hands vertical, fingers together, and with light to medium pressure use the natural oils on your skin to rub your skin and underlying myofascial tissue upward starting at the base of the ear and slowly moving all the way up the jawline and following the temporal muscles all the way to the top of the head. It shouldn't take less than 30 seconds, take your time. The motion, without pressing too hard inward, helps release the tense muscles that lie deep within. I, personally, experience relief in spite of the severe sharp pain when those areas are massaged. You can also pinch lightly along your brow line and smooth them out with your fingertip afterward in order to experience some relief.
Ruthy55 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
1 hr ago
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
specialmom commented on renae176's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms