Painful to touch around eyebrows - anyone else??
Off and on I experience pain along my eyebrows or just above them (to touch).  It almost feels like pressing on a bruise.  There is no lump or mark to see or feel, just the pain somedays (but not all days).  It comes in different spots along my eyebrows on different days.  Makes me nervous as I have been struggling with anxiety and do the usual worrying about it, like thinking it's  the beginning signs of something ominous. Hoping someone can give me some insight to put my mind at ease.

Thanks for your help.
I have a similar thing. It started with a tired feeling above my brows during a sinus infection. It then evolved into a weird-feeling spot on the left brow, and then after that it spread itself all the way across my forehead and up onto my scalp. For me it is clearly muscle tension. I feel the muscles tense to express my brows. At one point it even affected the mobility of my eye a little! At its worst lately it has been painfully tight and caused headaches as well.
My doctor said it could be tension caused by sinus pressure that snowballed with time or just stress tension. So I wouldn't be surprised if you may have tension causing painful spots because of anxiety/stress.
Relaxation helps, a cool gel eye mask on the area soothes, and I've even had a sinus/facial massage on the area. Hope this helps.
I had the same pain, across my brows and sinus pressure, but it turned out to be giantism/ agromegaly.
WOW guys!  I currently have pain and tenderness under both eyebrows....but it hurts only when I touch the area.  But the thing is.....when I touch the area the pain is quite present and it really hurts!  I noticed it when I was putting on my eye makeup about a week ago.  I have never had this before but it is very real!  Should I be concerned?
I have same thing and once it looked like the area had a burn on it but not this time.  Hurts like hell when pressed but I don't feel a lump or bump.  Weird.  Comes and goes too.
If you've ruled out a sinus infection, have you been checked for TMJ? Often people with anxiety, like myself, tense their jaw without realizing it, and if your teeth aren't in perfect alignment it can cause the really sensitive pains in the cheekbones, eyebrows, and temporal areas. Try keeping your hands vertical, fingers together, and with light to medium pressure use the natural oils on your skin to rub your skin and underlying myofascial tissue upward starting at the base of the ear and slowly moving all the way up the jawline and following the temporal muscles all the way to the top of the head. It shouldn't take less than 30 seconds, take your time. The motion, without pressing too hard inward, helps release the tense muscles that lie deep within. I, personally, experience relief in spite of the severe sharp pain when those areas are massaged. You can also pinch lightly along your brow line and smooth them out with your fingertip afterward in order to experience some relief.
Hi there, we have the same experience. I have a pain above my eyebrow and when I touch it, it is painful and i feel anxiety and I think this is not normal to us and may  I know what is the cure for this unknown disease ?
I have the same pain above my right eyebrow! And it hurts if I want to plug out my eyebrows :(
I having the same pain. It seems to be coming from the bone, skin or muscle right above my brow where it starts. I have been fighting a sinus infection for several months. Have been on 2 courses of antibotics. I think it must be related to that. Have an appointment with ENT scheduled.
This is a very old thread and I just read the first post and the last 3. Your sinus runs along this area above the eyebrows and just because it hurts doesn't mean it is an infection.
They could be stuffed up and the resulting pressure hurts to the touch. Mine are always sore to the touch and that is what the doc said it was. You can take a sinutab if you get a headache from it, otherwise unless there is an infection (which I have never had so don't know anything about) then headache is all it is.I NEVER bother touching them and ignore the soreness since it is just allergy stuffiness and isn't sore unless I push on it, which seems to be what most people on this thread are doing and worrying about after they feel pain.

It has nothing to do with anxiety. Anxiety is your mind worrying about something to the point that it makes you over-analyze your body. The more you worry and touch sore spots that you never realized existed before, the more you will increase your anxiety. One way ot reduce anxiety is to stop worrying about something that frightens you - if you can stop. soe can and others can't get the fear out of their head, which is natural, so in that case it is best to see a therapist because they might be able to find a way for you to come to grips with the fear and give it up.