Anxiety Community
Palpitaions and Lexapro

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Palpitaions and Lexapro

I started taking Lexapro last Fall after I stared having PVC's/PAC's. I've been on it now for awhile but really haven't noticed any decrease in my Palps. As many of you know these skipped beats can have a mind of their own. The one thing that does help me relax when my palps are bad is ativan as needed 1 to 2 mg. So my question is is it really necessary to keep taking the Lexapro? It may be decreasing my overall anxiety but my palps seem to come on when they please.

Thanks!
If the Lexapro is helping with your anxiety, then it is doing what it is designed to do in my opinion.  I have palpatations, but they are just a way of life.  I have come to realize that they are just that...palpatations.  If they bother you and contribute to your anxiety, have you have considered counseling?  For me, gaining the knowledge to confront it and deal with it made it much easier to deal with it.  Ativan is usually prescribed short term and you can build up a tolerance to it over time...keep us posted!
I assume you had your heart checked; if your main symptom is palpitations, then a beta blocker might be more appropriate than Lexapro.  But if you had a lot of problems and most have gone away, then stick with the Lexapro -- drugs don't cure, they just mitigate the symptoms.  You'll always have symptoms unless you find a cure through some kind of therapy work.
mishymoshymarcy I thought disappointing you... Comment
Stressing, disappointing myself onc...
2 hrs ago by mishymoshymarcy
Amandag78 commented on msdelight's status