Anxiety Community
Panic Attacks.

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Panic Attacks.

I have panic attacks sometimes. It's just resent I've had them for about 8 months, but not regularly.
They first started happening when I lost my best friend in a fight. I was depressed from another Medical Disease I have. I was/am afraid of standing up, because I faint/pass out  easily.
I went to bed at like 7:00 A.M and woke up at like 10:00 A.M during the summer.
Sometimes I went days without sleep, finally sleeping after fainting.
I would cry all night, and when that happened my Hands would start to tingle, like they where asleep. I never thought anything of it.
Then one day my sisters made me talk to them cause they new about my depression. Once I started talking about everything my Hands tingled again.
Then out of no-where the tingling went through my whole body and I started hyperventilating.
My hands went into a weird shape, and I couldn't control them, my legs where sticking straight up, I also couldn't move them.
I was freezing, and I didn't even feel like myself. Like I was no-where. Not in my house or anything.
Finally after like 30 minutes I calmed down, and went to sleep.
That was my worst panic attack I've had, but I've had others that where bad too, and afterwords I feel horrible for a while.

For a week now I've been waking up with my hands in pain, they're numb but if I touch something with them they hurt horribly.
Then, it happened when I was at school too. I couldn't breath good, and I felt out of it. And my hands where is serious pain.

Also my face has started to go numb sometimes, but it doesn't hurt me at all, it's just uncomfortable.

I haven't been diagnosed by a doctor I have Panic Attacks. I have a terrible fear of Hospitals, and it's been worse sense I've had to go there for testing for my other disease. So I don't know for sure if it is actually Panic Attacks, but I assume it is.

Can anyone tell me if these hand things are normal, if they're panic attacks, or if it's something else.
Also if these are panic attacks as-well.

Thanks.
Well, losing your friend is a hard thing.  Same thing happened to me when I was younger, and I never knew it would affect me but it did.  But yeah, ive had bad panic attacks, but you get through it.  And maybe you can get on a medicine, IDK.  But let me tell ya, youre having panic attacks for a reason.  Maybe you feal really alone, and no one is out there you feel that can help you.  Thats the reason I used to have panic attacks.  I felt very alone.
The thing is, I have this person back, I talk to her about my problems, and everything. My family knows about it all, I don't really feel alone.
I just feel out of place, I don't really have anyone I can trust I see everyday, this girl lives three hours away from me, and I'm in a new school and I have trust issues, so only one person actually KNOWS the real me.
I'm not alone, just scared of what's going to happen to me. Maybe I can get medication though. :) And hopefully that helps me.
Hello, I also developed panic attacks when I lost someone close to me.  I know hearing that "it will get better" doesn't make it go away, but I hope some outside assurance will help even a small amount.  The tingling thing you experience when your fingers stick together is called tetany.  It happened once to me and I nearly lost it; I was so scared about what was happening!  But fortunately the ER doctor immediately said it is common in anxiety attacks with hyperventalation.  In short, it isn't pleasant, but don't stress to much over it; it seems you have too many other worries to deal with that.  
For me, feeling like you can't trust others makes me feel stuck, and adds to my anxiety.  I am fortunate to have an amazing therapist who guides me through life.  If you can, finding a good counsellor may be what really kills the anxiety.  Medication is also a great plan.  Your brain chemicals may just need some help!
Anxiety is never an easy thing to face, so I hope this helps, even if you just feel a little validated and supported.  Best of luck!  =)  
Dalubaba commented on photo
10 mins ago
Dalubaba commented on photo
12 mins ago
Dalubaba commented on photo
14 mins ago