Anxiety Community
Panic Attacks after sex

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Panic Attacks after sex

Okay so I know this sounds really weird...but I notice that I often get what feels like a panic attack after having sex with my boyfriend. I am not nervous around him we are very close, I love him very much, and we have a very open and amazing relationship and I'm not worried about our physical relationship...it's great, but after I have sex I often feel very nauseated, my stomache is upset, and I get light headed and I feel very very similar to how I feel when I have a panic attack (I am diagnosed to have panic disorder and I take  Zoloft daily and Clozanapen as needed). Sex is supposed to be wonderful and beautiful, but if I always feel like this after it takes away from the moment. The more intense the sex is the worse I feel. Is this completly weird???? Does anyone else ever experience this?
It does not sound wierd to me at all.  Anxiety can manifest itself in so many different ways, and for many physical activity can bring on a panic attack.  Have you been able to discuss this with your doctor or through talk therapy with a counselor?  In my opinion, learning about and confronting the anxiety can go a very long way in beating it...keep us posted!
Just remember it may not be the "after sex that is causing the panic", ITS THE CYCLE of panic, you may of JUST HAPPENED TO HAVE THESE feelings after sex and NOW your mind is making you believe it everytime after sex, this is the same for the guy who goes to the store and gets a panic attack, it was not the store , but he just happened to be in that spot at the time, there are many ways to deal with this, have sex and stop half way through, relax and talk to your partner, THEN  REALIZE AT THIS TIME YOU HAVE NO PANIC FEELINGS. my point is allow yourself to realize that these feelings now are nothing more then a cycle that happens after sex, allow yourself to break that cycle and talk to your Dr. gook luck,
After sex testosterone levels are highest; you may be associating this energy with past feelings of anxiety.
I have this too and found this article

http://www.solvepanicattacks.com/different-types-of-anxiety/sex-and-anxiety-attacks.html

SO HELPFUL!!  and it completely makes sense from a scientific standpoint - I'm studying to be a nurse and this is what we are currently learning about.  Please read the article - it's a simple fix that really helps me.  Good luck!
allinblack commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
specialmom commented on Lose Weight and Boost...
gymdandee commented on Individuals with soci...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms