Anxiety Community
Panic Disorder and Taking a Polygraph??
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Panic Disorder and Taking a Polygraph??

I work as a CNA doing Home-Care for Elderly. I was recently accused of stealing a huge "jug" or "container" or some sort from one of My Clients.  I did not take, nor see this. A police officer contacted me by phone, told me what her statement was, and got one from me. The last question was "Are you willing to undergo polygraph testing" I immedietely said "Yes Officer!" because I have no parts of this, and nothing to hide. The only thing I am worried about is that I have Panic Disorder and I'm not sure If this will affect the Polygraph or not? Does my employment with the ageny end, or will I go to jail? Lose my CNA Liscence?????
Related Discussions
1042487_tn?1275283499
Lie detector tests can be used in cases of suspected fraud or theft where an employee victimizes his or her employer. A polygraph cannot be required---and an employee can stop the test whenever he or she wishes---but if the employee consents, the polygraph can be used to eliminate him or her as a suspect. Of course, the results are not admissible in a court of law, and are only for the employer's edification.

So polygraph is not a valid test and it's not admissible to incriminate you in a court of law. You have the right to refuse taking the polygraph test and no action will be taken against you unless they wan't to lose fither money in court but you know they won't. And you have some resort if they want to fire you because of this which can lead them in much trouble.

Since you already agreed to take the polygraph test maybe you can still do it and take some anti-anxiety meds to have better results but ANYWAY those results are worthless in a court of law.

Hope this help

Best regards,
M4
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
11227617_tn?1417054501
Blank
imanny2015 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
4 mins ago
Blank
curiosityb ok Comment
2 hrs ago
Blank
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
6 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
birdie0907
Calgary, AB
Blank
Paxiled