Anxiety Community
Panic attack after smoking marijuana?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Panic attack after smoking marijuana?

Some medical history:

I am 23 years old. I was very sick for about December till May. I had hypertension (sometimes severe at 200/160), palpitations (episodes lasting anywhere from hours to weeks), chest pressure, chest pain, and exercise intolerance. I've had tons of tests done and thousands in medical bills without any significant findings. I wasn't anxious when this all started, but I was so ill some days that I couldn't get out of bed. My doctors think it could be anything from anxiety to an infection (Such as valley fever). I really think it was something like an infection, as I don't believe anxiety would make me so physically sick and disabled for 5 months straight. It was sickest I have ever been in my life, and it was very traumatizing.

Gradually over the last couple months my blood pressure, heart rate, chest pressure, and chest pain returned to normal. However, I think I have developed a fear of my symptoms coming back. In other words, I don't think panic attacks were the root of my problems, but I think they have developed since my illness was very traumatic. I honestly thought I was dying when I was at my worst, and I felt so ill at some points, I went from scared to being ready to accept death (I wasn't suicidal or anything, but I think this was just a biological/chemical reaction to my pain). Anxiety medication, beta blockers, etc couldn't get my heart rate or blood pressure under control when I was at my worst. Ativan did help me calm down, but it didn't change my blood pressure or heart rate much when i was sick. I avoided alcohol, caffeine, dark chocolate, and marijuana. All of these were triggers.

I think I have recovered from my illness (not 100%, but pretty close now), but I sometimes have a fear of becoming ill again (is there a phobia for this?).

I've been very stable for a couple months now, but I had a bad attack after smoking some Marijuana today. I had a friend take my pulse, and he said my heart rate was about 200 before I left to the hospital. I don't smoke habitually, just socially. I went to the hospital, and by the time I got there (30 minute drive) my heart rate was lower and stayed consistently between 130 bpm to 140 bpm for a couple hours. They gave me beta blockers and ativan, and released me once my heart rate was around 100 bpm. My normal resting heart rate is between 60 and 80. I asked the doctor if he thought it was just a panic attack triggered by the marijuana, and he responded that he couldn't tell me for sure. I never had a reaction like that before, but I don't think I will be using it anymore.

So, does this sound like a panic attack? I hope that is all this was.
Yes, definitely a panic attack brought on by marijuana, but really, you know that.  'Course you do.  After all you wrote prior to writing you smoked pot today, I'm surprised you took the chance!?!  

If you put the word "marijuana" up in the Search this Community, you will pull up other people posting exactly your question and be amazed they match your post almost word for word.  

You'll feel better soon, just ride it out.  Just don't smoke again and continue to stay away from all those triggers.  

You're okay :)
Hello friend,

Well I will say that I have been in the past a heavy addict of marijuana from the bong rips to the joints and passing around a nicley rolled blunt to friends in aw of my perfection/rolling skills.  In past months I have been down a road that I am still to this day not sure of its destination.  My mind is either very tricky and messing with me or something is really wrong with me.  I have been in your shoes for the past two months man.  I have gone from fear of death fear of sickness coupled with anxiety attacks/panic attacks, to accepting i am sick eventhough I dont know for sure if i am.  Thoughts of suicide are common thoughts for me now, I cannot smoke anymore because I cant handle the paranoia, it gets way worse when I smoke man I cant do it anymore eventhough I love it.  I have had crazy panic attacks when I was high, I am talking about thinking the worst thoughts you could imagine.  Its wierd because I used to be a person that would perform better when I was high, just more relaxed and such, now its the exact opposite.  

Things that have helped me is quitting smoking, after smoking for five five years almost everyday I quit cold turkey.  I thought I would never quit smoking. I also quit smoking cigs which is partly why I have headaches, I hope.  I have had headaches for almost a full month now, and do not know why.  I hope and pray there is nothing wrong with me because it would ruin me, I just hope I can bounce back somehow.

You are not alone man....  
Stay good

Hey there, hmm...nice screen name, lol...ahem, anyway just wanted to congratulate you on your smoking quit!  Sounds like you had no choice.  That's good though, you're quit now.  Other than the headaches you Must feel better overall.  Hope so.  '

I am a member of the Smoking Addiction forum and over there we use a site for support called whyquit.com.  This site might help you to understand what you're going through with the smoking quit.  It's very helpful.  I am going to also say your headaches probably have a lot to do with the pot too.  I'm a long time smoker of both and have started and stopped pot many times and it's definitely hard to sleep, alot of anxiety, headaches, etc, especially if you smoke everyday like you said.  Pot is not an easy drug to put down for some people.  I truly doubt there is anything seriously wrong with you.  Really.  I quit smoking 2mos ago and still feel off.  It was just around a month quit that I suddenly felt better one day.  Even if you feel only the tiniest bit better, take that as a sign the day you will feel lots better is getting closer.  You just have to be patient :)  

Really, check out whyquit.com.  It will help.

Good Luck to you!
Folks, marijuana isn't addictive.  It's very easy to quit.  Just stop.  No withdrawal, no physical illness.  It can be habit forming, but that doesn't equal addictive.  But I don't know how many times this has been said on this forum, smoking pot enhances whatever you're feeling.  If you're developing an anxiety problem, marijuana will just intensify that experience.  If you're anxious, don't use pot.  Very simple.  The two just don't go together.  The other point is, if you find yourself smoking pot or tobacco or drinking coffee or alcohol every day, it's time to give it up.  These substances were used by our ancestors for thousands of years without using them every day, without having to get high all the time.  They were used as medicine, and in religious rituals, and that's all.  There's something in Americans especially that impels excess, whether it's eating too much, making too much money, working too many hours, whatever.  I don't pretend to know what it is.  Just be on the lookout for it; it's a sign of imbalance.  Perhaps it's why we have so much anxiety and depression in our society.
Thank you fo the response, some people just dont get it.

Marijuana may not be addictive chemically; however the nature and feel of it is.  For one to suggest that it isnt clearly has not enjoyed being high, or what it can do for people.  No matter what anyone says I will always know that it is addictive because sinced the first time i smoked i was hooked on it.  

The only thing that you are correct on in this post is the fact that you mention Anxiety and marijuana dont mix well other than that I feel you are incorrect.  

This leads to a question have you ever smoked? If so for how long?
If you did not like it then clearly your experience differs from the large portion of the population that is addicted to smoking dank, and further proves the simple fact that you wont really become addicted to something you dont like.

Yes there are side affects in quitting smoking.  
Anger and irritation is one of the most common.
This is due to the fact that when people smoke for long periods of time, their body will become used to the fact that smoking can and will release endorphines that create a happy frame of mind.  Anger can lead to stress which leads to all sorts of symptoms.

I was smoking when you weren't born yet.  When I started getting anxiety, I quit.  Simple as that.  Now, the word addiction has definition.  Words have meanings.  To be addictive, a substance has to require more to give a person the same feeling; it has to affect the body in a way that makes the body sick if you stop using the substance; and there are more.  Marijuana isn't addictive.  It isn't a narcotic.  Lots of habit forming substances, such as french fries, are hard to quit but not addictive.  Most of the medications we take for mental problems have far worse withdrawal problems than marijuana, and some, such as benzos, are addictive.  But just because something isn't addictive doesn't mean it's easy to quit doing it.  Marijuana, when it's fun, is great, and I'll always miss that, but when it isn't fun anymore, it's easy to quit.  Try quitting an ssri and compare, or a benzo, or cocaine, or heroin, and then you'll understand how easy marijuana is to quit.  But you don't have to forget what you learned from it; through meditation and visualization you can recall what you felt when you felt good and recapture that feeling without using any drug.  Or at least I could until I discovered Paxil withdrawal.  You want something hard?  Try that!
Okay well I guess whatever is wrong with me is serious then eventhough I have tested out clean, I'll take your word for it.  My problem is hiv, I have been juggling this for a while now, and II continue to test negative for antibodies when I know something is wrong.  So what to do, who knows??? I have tested negative 5 times now 4 of them outside the hiv window period of three months, but my symptoms are so persistant headaches, so much mucus I can barely breath at times.  I cant see this being an allergy, maybe but i doubt it.  I fear that all the jane I have smoked in the past has weakened my immune system, and maybe this is why I havent tested positive yet.  Or maybe its because the new apt I moved into has mold? All I know is my throat is SO red right now and it hurts, I feel pretty ****** too.  I dont know I was just looking for any possible reason for the headaches I have had them for a month now???
You Could be having headaches because you are so anxious about this hiv testing.  When we are anxious, we are tense, and you may be clenching your jaw or grinding your teeth at night because you're so upset.  

I say this from experience as I've had tension headaches since teen yrs and I clench and grind my teeth.  

Practice letting your jaw hang slack and really concentrate on relaxing your neck and the muscles in your face and see if this brings a bit of relief.  You can't just do this for a couple of seconds and expect results, you have to sit back and relax and devote some time to it.  Also, try deep breathing.  Take a deep breath right now, hold it a few seconds, then let it out through your mouth.  If you find relief from doing any of this, then most likely you are just dealing with tension headaches.  
There is another option: allergies!
That is what i am told could be the case but it just seems to severe.  Like right  now i have a throat that feels like it is on fire, a cough that is brutal.  I am coughing up large amounts of greenish whitish mucous, from what i do not know...  All I can say at this point is please god help me...
i had a very bad response to pot more than once. i won't go into details...most people don't believe how i respond to it without actually seeing it anyway. my wife didn't believe it until one night some friends talked me into smoking it again. dumb idea. anyway...yes it can happen and it can trigger anxiety that lasts for days after...or longer. not a good idea to smoke it if you are prone to anxiety.

i don't know at all if you were truly ill or not...but i will say anxiety has caused some very very scary physical symptoms in myself and others who deal with it on a regular basis. things you would never believe anxiety can produce. but you have to keep in mind that at the height of an anxiety attack, your body is in full fight/flight mode...the only problem is that you can't do either one...so since you can't do either, what happens to all the adrenaline you produce? what happens to your exceptionally high heart-rate and sharpened senses...sweating...etc. your whole body is ready for an action that never comes. it's like running a marathon but without actually running it. this causes very weird things to happen in your body.

again, i have no idea what was the cause of all your problems. i just know the things i've experienced and i've read a lot of others posts in this forum about their own physical symptoms. it really does some strange things. very strange. anyway...that said, whether it was anxiety or something else, you shouldn't worry about if or when the symptoms will come back because they aren't there now, so it's best to simply enjoy what you've got. thats how you deal with anxiety...when if finally does go away, enjoy the good times because you never know how long they'll last and worrying about when the anxiety will return causes it to return even faster.
Thank you for the input, it means a lot...
I don't know, it does sound like you have something, though I don't know what.  Anxiety can cause a lot of things, but colored mucous?  You don't have HIV, the test is very accurate.  But you could have some hidden virus.  If your doctors aren't helping, I encourage you to try alternative medicine.  There are herbs for mucous buildup, there are antiviral herbs.  I could name a few, but you need to see a professional, either a doctor who cares or a naturopath.  If it does turn out to be anxiety, I strongly recommend meditation.  You'll like it.  And there's no evidence marijuana causes a prolonged weakened immune system, but there are so many toxins in our food and air and water that do.  Keep searching, and feel better.
Yes like others have said smoking pot intensifies the feeling of anxiety..it is aknow fact!  But my main issue here is how your blood pressure was so high...how you been checked again?  By a professional??  That would worry me alot more than the smoking.  Doesn't seem normal for a young person or any person for that matter.  

Hope you find out what is wrong...wishing you the best of luck!  I wouldn't worry about the HIV....just have protected sex and not saying you do...stay away from needles.  Like others have said...worrying does cause physical symptoms..such as tension headaches and also yes...Anxiety!  
My blood pressure is OK now. It averaged about 150/95 for a few months, and now it is back to 115/65 resting. I've been to so many doctors (cardiologists, endocrinologists, etc), and they couldn't find the cause. I now have something called orthostatic hypertension (similar to POTS, but blood pressure increases upon standing), but as long as I am laying down, my blood pressure is normal. I've had my blood pressure checked when I was in the hospital, and it was normal as soon as they got my heart rate to come down to about 100 bpm (but they did give me beta blockers to get me out of SVT).

My autonomic system was really whacked for a while, but I am recovering and feel completely normal most of the time. The only time I consistently don't feel good is after vigorous exercise. I still can't do things that I love like mountain bike, but I have been trying to take long walks instead for exercise. I've been taking very short trips on my mountain bike, but I don't think I am ready to do my 20-30 mile rides that I did last year :). I'm starting very slow. Certain foods and substances can still make my heart go crazy sometimes.

Anyway, here is what I think happened the other day:

Marijuana increased my heart rate to an uncomfortable pace. I was very high, and I know THC can increase heart rate a lot if you don't smoke too often. I could feel the beat in my throat and had a very uncomfortable sensation in my chest. After I noticed my heart rate was high and my chest was hurting a little, anxiety kicked in (probably a little bit of paranoia from the marijuana), and that made my heart beat very, very fast (my friend counted over 200 bpm and he also freaked out a little). At this point i felt panicked, but as much as a tried, I couldn't get myself out of that state. I really felt like I was going to die.

Now what I don't know is if this was just a panic attack. I really think I experienced a panic attack, but I feel that there is still something else going on with my body/nervous system that scared me into a state of panic. I think panic is more of a symptom for me than a cause.

It doesn't look like I'll get these answers anytime soon, so I am just going to try to live my life and try to put this behind me. It's been hard at times, but it makes it a lot easier when I can vent somewhere. Posting all of this actually makes me feel better and worry less.
Ever since my attack, my resting heart rate has been around 100 bpm. I can't feel how fast my heart is going, but I've been experiencing chest discomfort several times a day, lasting a couple hours each time. It's more of a pressure than a pain, but sometimes there is short sharp pain lasting a few seconds. My normal resting heart rate is between the mid 60's to lower 80's.

I've been on a holter and a 21 day heart monitor when I was very ill, and they didn't find anything besides IST (Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia) and Supraventricular Tachycarida. They said that there is nothing wrong with my heart, and at the time, they said that some people just have a faster heart rate. This isn't the case as my heart rate is in the 60's when I feel well. I've had thyroid, adrenaline levels, etc checked several times finding nothing.

I don't know what to do. I feel like I need to see the doctor, but I'm sure it will just be a waste of time as always. They'll give me more benzos and a new SSRI drug to try. I've tried SSRIs with no difference. Benzos help me come out of panic (if I get to that state), help me disconnect my mind from my body so I don't worry about feeling like ****, and help me sleep, but they don't do anything for my resting heart rate or pain/discomfort. Beta blockers make my heart rate come down, but make me physically feel worse. I've tried Vicodin (left over from a shoulder injury) for my pain which seems to help quite a bit, but I was scolded by my PCP for using it.

I'm not worried or anxious right now, just frustrated. I know if I go to see a doctor, they will basically do nothing to help me. Most doctors (not all) don't even care and tell me I am young and fine, and that has made me really dislike doctors in general.
im 23 also and have been a heavy marijuana smoker until very recently.. i smoked SEVERAL times a day every day from age 16 until 23, never had any problems.. then just recently i went all day without eating, smoked some medical sativa weed and chugged a grande starbucks.. to make a long story short i went to the emergency room because my blood pressure was about 165 / 135 with a pulse of 160 (considering i was lying on the couch it should have been nowhere near that).. i also felt like i was freaking out and i was going to die. my hands and feet got tingly feeling and i basically at one point accepted that this was the end. it dropped slowly over the next 4-6 hours but my pulse stayed up around 120-130 for many hours after.. it took a few days to gradually drop back down to an acceptable range.. my BP around the end of the day is always borderline high (140/high 80's to 90's) and my pulse is usually around 90-100... when i wake up its lower, around 130/70 pulse around 70-80... i have stopped smoking cold turkey and cut out all caffeine, and try to eat as little salt (preferably none) as possible.. high salt seems to make my heart beat faster/harder (maybe dehydration?) and it brings back those feelings.. the nurse in ER told me anxiety could have jumped my pulse up, and then im thinking that triggered a panic attack.. ive been taking juice plus vineyard blend (antioxidant) twice a day morning and night with a small glass of acai berry juice every day at the same time and this seems to help regulate it.. ive been told that any smoke makes your lungs work harder which raises BP and pulse rate.. so im wondering if i detox for a while, and then switch to strictly vaporizing my weed (i have a dr recommendation for back pain in california) if the vaporizor by removing a majority of the smoke/tar/any of the bad minus the thc will make it ok to smoke again.. i definately will not be smoking as much as i did before (an eighth a day plus a few straight hash bowls).. im thinking just taking small rips (crawl before you walk) and make sure i stay hydrated should be ok.. i just dont want to feel how i did ever again.. also i noticed that all sativa weed sort of raises my BP and anxiety so i was thinking i need to (if i decide to smoke again) stay strictly on indica weed... which is known as the chill/relax stuff... i dont know if my episode was triggered due to not eating all day.. chugging a grande starbucks frap (i wonder if they gave me a double of espresso)... and the strong sativa weed all combined was just too much... im definately never drinking starbucks again, i always felt like garbage after one.. weed makes me feel great though and like i said i smoked every day from age 16 until 23, just recently.. heavily.. like wake up, smoke a bowl.. then every hour or 2 after that until i went to bed.. im wondering if all the smoke/tar buildup in my lungs contributed also, which all 4 of these things combined could have been overhaul for my body. i think i am ok now. 2 weeks sober cold turkey.. it was actually not hard at all when you have a valid reason to stop.. for the first week maximum my appetite was small.. i lost 10 pounds.. then it got better.. i wanted to sleep a lot too.. i just deal with my back pain.. it ***** and bothers me a lot but the fear of it happening again keeps me from smoking.. marijuana had its pro's and cons.. pros: i felt great, laughed a lot, made everything ok no matter what.. cons: i was lazy, didnt want to do much very often, and it hurt my wallet.. anyway, im thinking the combo of espresso, empty stomach, sativa weed, and tar/resin buildup in my lungs made my heart pump hard to get blood to where it needed to be.. i have anxiety problems slightly to begin with, i overthink things.. i dont want to take any BP meds or anxiety meds, id rather just smoke weed if i was to have to take any of those.. nasty side effects and addictive. im hoping with a few months of detox, mild exercise, diet change, and vaporize my INDICA weed (kens grandaddy should be nice) that the issue should be ok.. but no more heavy use for me.. if i do smoke ill take baby rips, 1 or 2 just very mild.. ive also been drinking a small glass of red wine with dinner to try to help keep myself calm and keep everything under control. its crazy but i think a big portion of it for me now is overcoming the psychological aspect of it.. i feel if i go to smoke again i really have to be sure the anxiety is under control because if i start thinking bad things will happen im just inviting it to do so.. one of my favorite things to do after sexual relations with my wife was smoke a bowl.. very relaxing lol.. i hope to enjoy at least that aftersex rip once again.... i think that might be a good starting point for me, cuz i feel NO anxiety or worry after we are done, and in all honesty id probably feel content with however i am going to feel at that point, which is good for controlling the anxiety.
i smoked pot in 8th grade after my friend passed away. i had a terrible trip.  a few days later my dad was stressing me out and i felt like i was high and having a bad trip again. since this was the first time i had a panic attack, i had no idea what was going on, i asked my friends if i had smoked earlier, but they looked at me weird and said no.

it lasted all night and it took some months to shake off those feelings.
smoked pot a few more times over the years after that, and its a gamble. sometimes i like it, mostly i hate it and feel anxious. i start feeling detached from the world. and sometimes even a few days later start feeling the horrible feelings again and it can last for a day or months.

what helps is knowing im not alone thanks to threads like this.
pot does different things to different people in different situations.
whatever odd feelings you are feeling arent so odd, it makes sense.
just calm down and repeat a phrase over and over such as "it will pass"
"or ill be fine" and/or flick your wrist twice. if you can feel it, you are fine so you can relax.  
You are not alone. I suffer from anxiety disorder. I'm not ill like you were but I get the fast beating heart when I get anxious and the 'out of body' expierence when I think about it. Everytime I go to the doctor though my resting heart rate is like 60-70 and it actually FEELS like its pounding. It's your mind man.

I smoked some dank pot a couple weeks ago. Hadn't smoked since I was told of my anxiety disorder so it had been a while. Basically, I was feeling good for a couple minutes untill my head started to get very tight. When you have anxiety, you are alarmed INSTANTLY that the weed is going to kill you when your head does that even though it cant! Then my heart started to race cause I was anxious and when your high like that, it's doom. I freaked man. Everything was in slow motion and my heart was pounding and when I'd take a deep breath, it slow down big time and then speed back up. You are fine but you are done for now for the next 3 hours. If you think about it, your breathing is completely normal. You are just super high and panicking. Turn on a funny movie, concetrate on good breathes and watch the clock. Once the high is over, it's done. It is a very good tool to tell you that you suffer from anxiety. Because an illness cannot do that to you. It is your mind. The weed in your blood and your weak mind is chaos bro. Stay away from it. You will get one every time now because you are aware of could is happen agian. Don't do it unless you plan on suffering agian for 3 hours or calling the medics so they can tell you 'you are not swallowing because of cotton mouth and your vitals are completely fine'.

I'd just like everyone to know that I tested positive for Lyme disease. The underlying cause is Lyme Disease and a co-infection from a tick called Bartonella.

Treatment has been really, really hard for me, but I am slowly getting better. I can tolerate Lyme Disease meds now (not easy), but Bartonella meds just make me go crazy (anger, rage, psychosis, panic, etc) so I haven't been able to complete a round in the past 7 months.

I had an infection in my groin with a papular lesion, swelling, the hardest lymph node I ever felt, and lots of pain. I had no idea it came from a tick. This is exactly when all my symptoms started. I still suffer with orthostatic intolerane from this mess.

I also have PTSD from my experience, and EMDR therapy and hypnosis have help liften my fears and hypnosis taught me how to get in a somewhat relaxed state even when it doesn't feel humanly possible.

I get some absence seizures now and I am on an anti-convulsant for anxiety as well. I still get messages that I am dying most days. In fact, they are even louder some days, but I try ignore them. Some days they are too frequent and loud, and then my body gives up and produces physical symptoms of anxiety. Release techniques I have tried don't work.

I am also B12 deficient, Testosterone deficient, Vitamin D low (not deficiency), and my cortisol (adrenal function) is actually low and not functioning properly at certain times of the day.

If your case is like like mine, don't give up and find the root cause! I also have a lot of physical symptoms, but I'm trying to focus on more on the anxiety ones in this thread. A lot of doctors are close-minded and if they think they see anxiety while you complain about so many things related to different organ systems so to speak, you get label instead of getting helped. When I finally changed my PCP, the first panel the doctor ran was a Lyme Disease western blot panel. I was lucky, as most doctors won't even test for that disease because of the controversy right now.
for two amazing years i smoked alot all day. while i work, b4 school, b4 my sport games, i was a big time bake-o. then i moved and had 4 ounces of dank weed with me. smoked and smoked and the ppl down here only smoke blunts, that was knew to me. i mean roll 2 fat joints and pack a few bowls and a bong or two and pass them around. but any who i was smoking a blunt with someone and my heart started pounding and i felt weird so i was like ya man im out i got to go and he asked me to turn of his lamp and the light was bright and i could not find the switch then the next thing i remember is waking up on the floor and the dude i was with says yo this dude just passed out! i jus said im good pulled my way to the kitchen out of his room and layed on the floor for the nite. my heart has not stopped racing yet its been a month. the hospitals dont know why it wont slow down.  even if im watching tv it just pounds and pounds never slows.  at all. i been in and out of the hospitals, i have anxiety, speeding heart and now an abnormal thyroid, and when i smoke boom they all intensify. and it seems like when i look at a bright light i feel like that day and im going to pass out again.  can anyone help me? give me some advice whats wrong with me
I feel the same way right now... exactly what you posted. I have noticed that smoking anything from tobacco to marijuana makes me have panic attacks. I used to never be this way when i smoked. I guess now i just have to accept I can't smoke or drink with my friends like i used to. There is plenty of other things to do in life. Last week I smoked for my last time and I thought I would be fine... but suddenly i felt like i was fading away. I couldn't even feel my own body... I started to convince my self I didn't even exist. I think that's what made me panic. Anxiety can do weird things. For the past week I have felt kind of crappy. Some times I loose my breath when I'm sleeping and start to panic and get very dizzy... I start to think I'm going to die. Sometimes I'll be sitting in class and get really dizzy. Anyway thank you for asking this question because now I don't feel like I'm the only one.
i was using coke for 2 years and quit cold turkeyw with no symptoms and i havnt touched it since. ive been smoking weed everyday for 6 years and have tried to quit probably 15 times. when i try to quit i cant eat or sleep i get jitters and spasms in arms and hands and get so irritable to the point where i dont want to be around anyone cause they all **** me off. i get into this depression that lasts until i start smoking again. i guess theres something wrong with me, but in my opinion i think everyones bodies react defferently to substances. good for ******* you, you were able to quit. your truly are great. but its not as easy for some of us, so please keep your condescending advice to yourself.
Humm.. Ya smoke a big Jay and Drink a double coffee and I am done for the day...

The thing is when I stop smoking i feel great but as my body adjust I feel kind of stressed, its a double edged sword, but I think you are better off without it.
dude..
6 days back i too had 3 shots of marijuana, only 3..
and after 5 minutes i had a panic attack. i was feeling like a paranoid, my mind was not in my control.. within a second it was flashing millions of images inside my mind which makes my vision go bad. and make me feel like a paranoid. my blood pressure goes high frequently..
it's six days feeling much better but blood pressure is still high which makes me feel dizzy all the time...

#i know i am going to be all right :) but this high blood pressure is making me sick :/

#QUIT SMOKING :)
Hello freind I been sober for 1 year and let me tell you . It will get worse before it gets better . And the pot todays is not the same as when we were younger. I'm 33 an the marijuana has been altered to more potent and it is killing people . What happens is your body or heart get so used to that high or your heart rate risen from no where when you smoke weed . That when you quit your heart get all wacked out and  it couse your heart to race or feel like panic attack . It happened to me for about 2 months i had to get on anxiety pills . I got so bad from drinking and smoking i developed low pottasium and almost died so you should get your electrlytes checked couse this coused my problem it coused me to have RIGHT BUNDLE BRANCH BLOCK !  But I'm all good now luckily my heart didnt get to much damaged from all the partying I did . Also I tried to smoke again but my Hr got up to 140 bps . So never again will I smoke Couse the pot nowadays is laced with more THC  . The pot nowadays should be called super pot or super marijuana !
dude, I have been an every day smoker of fine weed for 27 years but just over a month ago, I too started having the same symptom of anxiety, sweats, tight chest and puking uncontrollably. I had been a kush smoker daily and never had this happen. Im not depressed nor paranoid but the last few times I got so ill that I had to goto the hospital, thinking I was having a heart attack or a stroke. the symptoms I was having were very similar to those. I did have a minor heart attack a few years back and I am only 40 years old. I just quit smoking weed two weeks ago, cold turkey with no side effects, well cept i smoke more ciggs now but only compensating for weed. I suspect the weed ihave been smoking might have been laced with something other than pot to make such reactions happen. ifear my "Guy" has been adding **** to his weed and trying to get people hook. do you think my suspicion could be correct. anyways I am quitting smoking weed until january of 2014. so far it has been far easier than anything else i have quit, such as booze, cocaine, meth, dexidrine, l speed, s speed, all of which I quit on my own without any outside help. tell me I have nothing to worry about when it comes to weed. even bunk makes me feel like this. it *****. I miss the high.
sorry for the double post above.
weed has never killed anyone in history,. I know all there is to know about marijuana and the guy above me saying weed kills, is so misinformed it makes me sick to even read the comment. weed cannot be "Laced" with more thc, thc is the compound that is NATURALLY in marijuana. you obviously might have had Laced weed that is laced with some other narcotic but not extra thc, that is impossible... sorry but I have been a potavist since 1997, I have friends who are in plant medicine research at Harvard University and I have met some of the most prominent names in pot culture the world over. saying that pot kills is like saying that breathing air kills, it is just uninformed BS. i am quit two whole weeks as of today, my heart is fine. did you know pot reduces cholesterol in your heart and in veins and arteries, did you know pot promotes regenerative brain cell growth? did you know that the endo cannabinoid system is that for every nerve ending in your body there are two cannabinoid receptors? did you know that after a woman becomes pregnant they naturally produce cannabinnoids in their breast milk, even if they have never used pot once in their lives? you are horribly misinformed and I suggest you do some research before posting junk like you have.
I have never been to the hospital due to a fast heart rate from pot, I been smoking for 12 years and I have never experienced anything like I have the last year.. I quit cold turkey last march, and its was a living HELL so I thought maybe start up again and feel normal WRONG, Pot can and does lead to anxiety if you quit or keep smoking, I am living proof of that, I have had anxiety since the fourth day I quit smoking weed!!!! not to mention all the restless night with no sleep sweating all the time not being able to eat.... and then to have to deal with anxiety along with it.... not a fun road.
Good for you it didn't give you and effect when you quit, Awesome!! but that doesn't mean it won't effect someone else differently.
It's been a REALLY long year having to battle out anxiety, I still smoke now.... and again working on quiting and again getting the same restless night with no sleep or hard to fall asleep or not eating sweating ext....
I think with me quiting the first time did bring on this anxiety I never had this before, before that time.... but like I said once I tried to quit on the 4th or 5th day I felt like it was hell on earth!!!
And as for weed can kill??? like the guy above said get better info before putting crap info up.
I can positively say I have developed anxiety problems and within a month couldnt handle the marijuana anymore this is crazy to me I have a medical card here in the state of AZ and ive smoked everyday stright for about 3 years and it workwed wonders for me I would blaze b4 work, in the car at work all the time I had no fear of the pot and in the contrary I loved everything about it, I then got a throat infection Nd couldnt smoke for about a month upon returning to smoke my first bowl not 5 minuetes into the first of the same **** ive been smoking for years I starting involuntary to have a panic anxiety attack I had alll good thoughts going on but my body took it self on a ride my heart beating very hard and body shaking uncontrollably without my doing my arms and legs flexed and I did start to think hey maybe im gunna have a heart attack or idk what this was new... I eventually after 3 or 4 hours thought it was getting better but not really so my mom took me to the hospital and they got me on an IV with nice drug to calm the shaking but it didnt stop my heart beat being so hard that took a few more hours... so bottom line for me is everyones different for me I used to smoke 15 to 20 bowls a day and now I just took one and **** bricks and I love maryjane and dont wanna give it up so im going to test it again because I wanna be able to feel what i used to feel with every hit, I think I might have developed an anxiety problem but I dont like being told I have when I smoked every damn day and then this happens now... anyone that does blaze dont take a break because coming back you might be caught of guard and taken to first few times youve smoked.
Smoking "dank" before bed along with stress and anxiety makes me clench my jaw soo hard that when I would get up to use the bathroom, "the blood would go to my brain, maybe ?" or I would clench while using the toilet, anyway that's when they were worst, I went to the ER twice ... I bought a 10 dollar thin mouth trey  guard to sleep in to avoid that and it worked. Now no mouth guard no headaches.. The doctors at MassGeneral Hospital had no reason/diagnosis for the horrible can't see migraines I was getting. Maybe this will help... Good luck!
Hi, folks,

Since this thread is old and the original participants are no longer taking part, we'll close it now.  If you'd like to ask a question or start a new thread, please click the "Post a Question" button near the top of this page.  Thanks!

Claire
______________________________________________________

******** CLOSED DISCUSSION ********

No more comments, please.
Irisbritney commented on Irisbritney's status
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status