Anxiety Community
Panic attack from high sugar intake?!!!!
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Panic attack from high sugar intake?!!!!

General and quick question!

Does eating sugar or anything sugary cause a panic attack shortly after?

Not no longer than 30mins or less ago, i'd had a bag of chocolate sweets (aka candy if yer in the states)

i've had panic attacks in the past and they are in all seriousness quite terrifying, and i'm pretty sure i've just been struck with one...

i ate the sweets down too fast (hands up i admit it it was silly, but i've done this before and i've usually just felt queasy or a little shakey (shaky))

and then shortly after, was hit with a very strong...what felt like, adrenaline kick?, it was like a huge body shiver from my head downward, tingled all over and felt hot, and then i just got up and panicced, trembling like i'd just run a whole city distance or something....my heart was thumping hard and i felt like i was in hysteria....i'm alright'sh now but still wobbly and uncertain what just happened.

Can anyone give any insight or had this before?

XJ

Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
What's more likely is that you had what is colloquially called a sugar rush, meaning you ate a lot of simple sugars, metabolized them quite quickly, and threw off you're body's ability to balance itself.  Continually doing this creates problems with metabolism and eventually Type 2 diabetes in some people.  Others can handle it without a problem, but you are you.  The anxiety attack was probably caused by the feelings you felt from the sugar rush, which are similar to what you'd feel from an anxiety attack, and since you've had anxiety attacks before you were pushed into that pattern.  Go easy on that sugar, it's been a problem of mine, too.
Blank
Thankyou, that could be very true what happened. but my nature being the worst hypochondriac at times, i immediately think of the worst and go into such a state of panic, i'm now feeling somewhat...

almost like a vertigo dizzyness and leaning forward dosn't help....i just keep thinking "is it something horrible?, serious?" and my chest gets butterflies, my stomach drops n feels sick, and...well, there ya go its enough to drive me up the wall.

serious calming down is needed, thankyou again for the reply!

Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
ljboop commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
3 hrs ago
Blank
Tocldja : Ugh anxiety. Comment
3 hrs ago
Blank
crazydoglady12 commented on Day 34; Tramadol Cold...
6 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
ThePinkFloyd
Blank
cj29
GA