Anxiety Community
Panic attack on a ride

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Panic attack on a ride

Did anyone ever experience a panic attack on a ride before? I was on a ride and I started shaking heart pounding couldn't breathe I thought I was going to die. Now Im scared of going on rides. It gave me so much fear.
Hi there,

My experience wasn't not on a ride(is it a park ride we're talking about)
My anxiety first started when I was in my early 20's...My first one happen inside Safeway...I was walking down the beverages isle...I became overwhelmed to see this "huge" walls, bright lights and somehow clean, quite place....I did panic, couldn't breath, my heart was bitting about 100miles per hour, couldn't swallow, coudn't feel my right side arm...thought i was having a heart attack.
After this one particular one I told myself I would never go back into a safeway. I could go into any other grocery store but that one.
Long story short....I started taking and been on it for the last several years (PROZAC).
Then again panic attacks can not and won't just go away...I have ended up in the ER a bunch of times....believe me!
Something that has help me a lot is to tell my friends no to feel 100 % sorry about me when it's happening.
Then again, you know who you trust and who won't play you dirty.
It is hard for people to understand Anxiety and panic attacks...
Then again with time I came to understand that it is something that YES! you can control. It will take u time but you can do it.
Take small steps, talk about it, find someone you trust and tell them to talk, talk, talk to you if they see themselves involved while you're having one.
One of our downsides when it comes to having panic attacks is that we always relate everything to it.
I wouldn't try to ride again until a bit later on....start with simple rides and try to have someone talk to you while riding or try chewing gum, listening to music(head phones), or just try to focus on someone else.
I never thought I was ever gonna be able to live a regular life... I think I am now.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ME ANYTHING CONCERNING PANIC ATTACKS...IT IS HARD TO GET FRIENDS, FAMILY AND PEOPLE IN GENERAL TO UNDERSTAND OUR KIND.
cheers:)
Ya, It was a park ride.  I had anxiety for 13 years now.  One day Im fine and the next day Im not. My family went to canobie lake park in N.H. and I went on thisstar blaster WOW it was scary I started shaking heart pounding, breathing heavy it was a bad feeling. I had anxiety attacks in the past to. Now Im scared of going on rides Im scared of alot of things let me tell you I can't stand living with this anxiety.
hey hope your having a good day today, yesterday was not so hot for me in the morning, i woke up sick stomack went to work with hubby but 2 afters we were there i felt really sick, had direahra and just felt bad came home took .05 ativan 15 mins later i was fine good rest day no problems. i just hate taking them, today woke up little sick stomack have not took a pill trying fight it , but its not as bad as yesterday. we have had a flu bug going around family so i think i have a touch of that plus the anxiety dont help. do you have anxiety where your ears tingle/face tingle and sick at stomck, thats my new thing sick at stomack, i have not ate good in 2 months ive lost 15 pds now , i just tried to eat ffries but could eat very little. two days ago i felt great, just wish it would go away, i have been very stress last 2 0r 3 months now its all over how long does it take to get your life back, i have no reason to be stressed now. am a very stronge person most of the time . just cant understand why it wont go away. any answers
Why try and fight it out w/o the meds.  Sometimes we just have to give in and take the meds; obviously you felt better when you took the ativan and it's nothing to be ashamed of - we all need help every now and then.  Don't try and fight this disorder; you have to work with it and taking meds is a big part of it. I don't understand why, when we are dx'd with this disease, people just want to fight it naturally.  It's a chemical imbalance and we have no conrol over that; lots of things cause chemical imbalances, especially stress. So do yourself the favor of taking the med that gets you through.  Best..........
isn't aspartame (sweetner in chewing gum) related to panic attacks ?  read something on it anyway, migh tnot be the best thing if you used to chew lots of gum like me :P (stopped now btw lol!)
Jade59 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on photo
Amandag78 commented on Cee lo