Anxiety Community
Paxil CR

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Paxil CR

I’m on Paxil CR for 1 month now
Please can any body tell me if Paxil CR doesn’t work for me what should I do and if to change to what…
Namaste,

Unfortunately(or fortunately), each individual responds to a particular medication differently.  If you have been on Paxil for 4 weeks I'd give it another 2 weeks to take full effect.

If after that time, you don't see(feel) any change, you need to go back to your provider and let them know that you are not receiving any relief.

As to an alternative, there are a multitude of anti-depressants available, however, as I said, what works for one person will not work for another, so it's an issue of trial and error.

But don't give up hope, I'm sure they'll find the right medication(s) that will treat your disorder.

Michael
i agree with Michael. give it a couple more weeks. i take paxil and noticed a change after a week or so. but all people respond to meds differently.  take care. remar
Thank you

Also My Doc told me to combine with Paxil CR(25mg) with Nortriptyline(20mg) this is my first day with combo
I think it will work fine

I hope everything will be ok

Thank you very much to all
to me and a friend of mine who also tried it, Paxil CR didn't work nearly as well as regular paxil.  I gave Paxil CR about 8 months, and it never got better.
Are you getting different medication?
Tell me please if it is ok to combine Paxil cr 12.5 with lexapro 10

I went back to regular paxil.  Then after several years paxil in general became less effective---still somewhat so, but because we no longer have insurance, and it isn't as effective as it once was.
Avatar n tn
Before you start any type of ssri you should do lots of research becuse form my own personal experience  they can have lots of  side effects, there is a graet site called paxilprogress.org that talks all bout this. You should checkit out.
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms