Anxiety Community
Paxil CR
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Paxil CR

I’m on Paxil CR for 1 month now
Please can any body tell me if Paxil CR doesn’t work for me what should I do and if to change to what…
Related Discussions
8 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
547573 tn?1234659310
Namaste,

Unfortunately(or fortunately), each individual responds to a particular medication differently.  If you have been on Paxil for 4 weeks I'd give it another 2 weeks to take full effect.

If after that time, you don't see(feel) any change, you need to go back to your provider and let them know that you are not receiving any relief.

As to an alternative, there are a multitude of anti-depressants available, however, as I said, what works for one person will not work for another, so it's an issue of trial and error.

But don't give up hope, I'm sure they'll find the right medication(s) that will treat your disorder.

Michael
Blank
i agree with Michael. give it a couple more weeks. i take paxil and noticed a change after a week or so. but all people respond to meds differently.  take care. remar
Blank
Thank you

Also My Doc told me to combine with Paxil CR(25mg) with Nortriptyline(20mg) this is my first day with combo
I think it will work fine

I hope everything will be ok

Thank you very much to all
Blank
to me and a friend of mine who also tried it, Paxil CR didn't work nearly as well as regular paxil.  I gave Paxil CR about 8 months, and it never got better.
Blank
Are you getting different medication?
Blank
Tell me please if it is ok to combine Paxil cr 12.5 with lexapro 10

Blank
I went back to regular paxil.  Then after several years paxil in general became less effective---still somewhat so, but because we no longer have insurance, and it isn't as effective as it once was.
Blank
Before you start any type of ssri you should do lots of research becuse form my own personal experience  they can have lots of  side effects, there is a graet site called paxilprogress.org that talks all bout this. You should checkit out.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
4059843 tn?1454481984
Blank
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
9 hrs ago
1851352 tn?1437742010
Blank
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
18 hrs ago