Anxiety Community
Paxil help - urgent

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Paxil help - urgent

I was put on paxil about three years ago. My anxiety has since then gone away and I am trying to get off of paxil. I had been alternating between the 12.5 dose and the 25 dose. I tapered down to the 12.5 dose for about a month before discontinuing usage. I also take abilify and vyvanse for overall mental health and ADD respectively. I drink caffinee a lot and have no problems. At 3 pm yesterday I took an energy pill, which I have done before without problem, and something bad happened. I felt very liquidy, time almost stopped, and my heart was beating so fast I was panting. I was at work, so I did my best to get through it. Another hour later I could barely walk, and I felt like my heart was going to burst. I honestly felt like I was goig to die. The only reason I didn't call 911 was because I could tell this was a panic attack, the second one in my life. I thought I was overreacting. Anyways, I called my mom to come get me from work because I could not drive. She is a respitory therapist, and she said my pulse was strong, but okay. On the way home I got so scared I was going to die started crying. She said I would be fine. I went to bed after a stressful evening, but could not sleep. This is very weird because caffinee does not hinder this ability. I can sleep where ever, when ever. I have been laying in bed for 5 hours, unable to sleep. My heart is still beating so fast, and it feels weak, almost hurting. In the two weeks previous to this that I have been off of my paxil, I have been having the worst withdrawal symptoms. I am dizzy, faint, flu like sick, sweating, vivid dreams, shocks through my body, vision goes black when ever I stand up, and worst of all, heart palpilations. I have no idea if this is connected, but I feel so sick. Is there any way to lessen paxil withdrawal? And what on earth happened with the caffinee?  
Tags: urgent, paxil, help, symptom, scared, sleep
Jade59 commented on photo
ChitChatNine . Comment
MH Community Mgr uploaded new photos
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms