Phobia
I have a fear for doctors,crazy as that sounds.  Really what I have the biggest fear is the blood pressure readings,  Every time I hear them rolling in the blood pressure machine, it automatically raises my blood pressure.  They say I'm white coat hypertensive.  I guess cause my family all have HB pressure, so now I'm fearing the worst.  Can anyone relate and give me any help or advice............   I had a doctor's appt today & I mentioned to the Dr. if he can prescribe me anything to help me relax for my Dr visits, so although hesitant he did prescribe Xanax for those situations that get me nervous, like doctors and flying on airplanes.  Does anyone have any input on Xanax, he gave me a very low dosage, which is fine.  
Xanax is quite effective for reducing anxiety.  However, there is some risk for dependence.  It's fine to take Xanax for situational anxiety, but can be problematic if you find yourself wanting to take it everyday.  If your anxiety occurs daily, something like an SSRI might be a better choice.  
I know exactly how you feel, I have the same exact phobia. It's strange actually but I can't control it. I am on an SSRI (zoloft) and it still does not help me in these moments. Idk if xanax works or not, but let me know please!
Hey there,  I totally have the same thing happen to me. I went to my therapist this afternoon and he asked when the last time I had a complete checkup.  I responded to the fact that it has been a loooooong time and i would pass out in the waiting room.  I have had minor back problems and when the took my blood pressure it was literally through the roof.  I have the same syndrome.  I am fine am fine at the dentist and other health care providers but i get totally freaked out in hospitals.  Major anxiety.  Your not alone.
None of y'all are alone, just thinking about a hospital, doctor, or dentist quickly sends me in to panic mode! I haven't been to either in over 2 yrs because of it. Prozac helps (when I'm on it) but doesn't take it away completely!