Anxiety Community
Please Help - Cyclical Anxiety and Vomiting

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

This happens 3-5 times per week.

Between 8 and 9 am I wake up, extremely nauseous and anxious. When I lay on my right side, I can generally fight off vomiting but I'll be shaking my foot nervously. When I lay on the left side this smell of puke or bad breath or something overwhelms me even though I don't think my pillow actually smells that way. Usually at this point it gets to the point where I realize I'm going to throw up, so I get out of bed and find a plastic bag or trash can. Within 30 seconds I'll be dry heaving or throwing up stomach bile (since my stomach is empty). After this I'll generally be able to have a few sips of water and go back to sleep.

On days this happens my appetite will be pretty much shot until the evening. Sometimes I'll be able to eat some food around 1-2pm but often don't get a full meal until dinner at 5. And even then it's a weak meal because my stomach will still be feeling poorly.

This has been happening for about a year, but has become more frequent. It used to happen at ~7:15am but this year started happening around 8:45am (on days I am sleeping in that much).

Please don't say see a doctor; I have and they told me that nothing is physically wrong with me and prescribed me low dose Xanax to take in the morning. I've been taking a small dose every day for about 2 months now, mostly right before I to bed (insomnia if I don't). When I take them during the day they make me extremely depressed.

I don't know what to do. It's killing my gains (because I can't eat as much as I'd like). I have an extremely hard time gaining weight even when I get regular exercise/lift.

Please, help me. I don't know what to do.
What tests were done?  I think there is more to the vomiting than anxiety, and unless all other causes have been thoroughly ruled out........I feel this needs to be further investigated  Let us know what all was done to rule out other causes and we can go from there....thanks.
A general physical exam was all they did. I habitually smoke marijuana, which I'm starting to think may be a contributing factor. I smoke 3+ times per day and have for over a year.
Hello...I don't smoke pot but I know a few family members that do and had to stop because it made the anxiety worse...I get sever anxiety specialy out of the blue and I gag a lot but can't vomit...try small meals...nothing greasy...eat yogurt it helps your stomach out...eat crackers and gatorade...that help give you the electrolights you lose from vomiting...tell your dr you want to see a GI specialist..you might have an ulcer due to all the vomiting! good luck and be well : )
It happened again this morning but I was able to fight it off and go back to sleep.
I don't know of a single medical disorder that presents at the exact same time every day...........right down to the minute.

This malady used to strike between 8 and 9 am and did so for the past year.
Then the time changed to 7:15 am.
This year we see it happening at 8:45.

I'm going to throw my lot in with mammo and say that you seriously need to have this investigated further.

And when you see the doctor, be sure not to leave out the 3X per day weed hobby. I don't really think it's related, but the doctor needs to know everything.
Peace
Greenlydia
Irisbritney commented on Irisbritney's status
Kikster24 commented on Why You Might Have A ...
TinaR10 commented on TinaR10's status