Anxiety Community
Positive drug screen (meth) from Zanta

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Positive drug screen (meth) from Zanta

Is there any possible way that taking Zantac can cause a false positive on a triage urine test?  The finale outcome was negative but the initial triage test showed a positive for Methamphetamine.  
Hello there,

The answer is yes, it happened to a lot of people. If you know you didn't take meth ( which stays in your system for 3-4 days ) you know it's the Zantac that gave the false result.

Best regards,
M4
My wife and i both went to the doctor today and both showed positive for meth, which neither one of us has EVER done and we couldnt believe it. But now we understand why it is the Rantidine (SP?) aka Zantac.
This does happen from time to time, depending on the tox screen used.  This is why it is important to always tell the doc every med you are taking, whether Rx'd or OTC, vitamins, etc.  In these kinds of cases, always ask for a repeat test with a different testing method.
the answres most definately yes i took one at probation office(i called & volunteered to do so cuz i didnt have 100.00 for hair folicle so i called and asked could i take a pee test until i got the money) well i took the test and it came back positive for meth, me knowing i was clean asked fo another one same results. i was shocked have never did meth in my life... have did pot pills & coke before but nothing for a year prior to the test. i was sentenced to 22 mnths prison for this so YES  it can happen... when i got to intake @ lee arrendale state prison they had a sign on the wall @ intake sayin this very thing, i was sooo mad if the prison system acknowleges this why doesnt the probation/ parole offices btw after spending 9 months in  jail when i arrived @ lee arrendale i tested positive again ...
Hello and welcome!

Just a bit of advice.  It's always helpful to check the date on a thread before replying.  This one is a year and a half old (which, compared to some old threads is new!).  It's possible that the OP is long gone by now.  Best thing to do if you see a thread is old is start a new one of your own.  You'll get more replies that way as well.

Sorry to hear of your situation, and I agree that more correctional departments need to be aware of these possible testing errors and what test to administer as a follow up to prove, or disprove the first test.
I was terminated from pain management because of this stuff. I just found out that zantac can do that. It was buggin so bad cause i know i didn't do methamphetamines and they made me feel so small and I have been suffering in pain for more than a month cause i took stomach medication that my primary doctor prescribed to me.
CRSeaside commented on photo
33 mins ago
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
49 mins ago
MattyTaylor Happy Holidays! Comment