Anxiety Community
Prednisone withrawal - help

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Prednisone withrawal - help

I have been on prednisone for 3 years for treatment of Systemic Lupus (S.L.E.) along with plaquenil. I was on 50mg daily for a long time, then gradually petered down until i was on 5mg for the past 7 months. My rehumy said time to come of the steroids...yipee great I thought  ...... but i never knew or was told of the prolems with this weaning of. First few days ok then when i dropped to 4mg things kicked in, i began to hurt, my muscles were sore, tired, lethargic, now 2 weeks at 4mg the anxiety has kicked in, and it frightened me, I'm not a anxious type of person, but this really got to me, waking up in the night with tighntess in my chest, feeling so uptight i felt i would explode, very short tempered.
Does this gone on for ever, the Lups is bad enough specially when i get a flare, but this steroid business is hitting me harder than i imagined. I know i never want to go on it again, but was told it is one of the consequences with having Lupus.  Any advice would be so welcom as a i feel so stir crazy!! thank you
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms