Anxiety Community
Prozac and chamomile tea-

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Prozac and chamomile tea-

Last night I was feeling pretty settled, got in bed, made myself some tea and chatted with a friend on the phone. It is my fourth day of Prozac 20 mg. I fell asleep about 10;30 and I woke up an 2:00 an extremely panic state...sweaty, frightened, a bit paranoid, shaky, feeling like I was going to go insane.I took a hot shower and a .5mg benzo and went to sleep.  
Could this be a result of chamomile tea with prozac or maybe I am just having an odd reaction to Prozac, or just my anxiety? It got my attention!. I will see my psychiatrist, first time in 5 months tomorrow. I know he is going to tell me I am not suffering from anxiety but bipolar..I fear this.
Do you have any allergies to grass?  Sometimes herbal teas can be as harmful as regular tea if you don't read the ingredients.  Some have herbs or grasses that you may be allergic to.  Just a thought.
Stop the assumptions right now...as barfer wrote, perhaps you had an allergic reaction to something in the tea...
How do you feel today after taking the .5 mg. of which benzo?
And, the symptoms you describe are not an indicator of bipolar...just try and relax and take a deep breath or two. Remember your previous success with your Prozac, There's no reason why this time around won't be as effective as it was before...

I hope your meeting went well with you pdoc, too...and hope you continue to feel better.
let us know how the appointment goes...hang in there hitman.

kcdem
I take a higher dosage of prozac drank some just a while ago and I feel fine. Could possibly be an allergic reaction or maybe even the drugs interacting.
mishymoshymarcy There is a tiny part of me ... Comment
29 mins ago
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms