Anxiety Community
Prozac side effect. Just curious
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Prozac side effect. Just curious

I get this everytime I take prozac, I get real hot for a little while, and get a little headache, almost feel flu like for about 20-30 minutes and then it goes away.  Sometimes it's associated with nausea.   After the first few weeks this go's away though.  Anyone else get this when on an SSRI?
Related Discussions
-4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
492869 tn?1285022533
I am on a very low dosage of Prozac (5mg daily), and I've also noticed some unusual side effects.  A couple of months ago, I decided to raise my dosage to 10mg daily.  After the stomach aches subsided, I began experiencing cold symptoms.  With the stomach aches gone, I had just assumed I was catching a cold.

I was on the 10mg dosage for about two months.  Within those two months I had repeated colds, and severe asthma attacks.  My lungs became so weak, that I was needing supplemental oxygen.  At one point I even searched the Internet to see if anyone else had asthma symptoms associated with Prozac, but I didn't see much about it.

Finally I became desperate, and decided to lower my Prozac to the original 5mg dosage just in case.  I really didn't think it would make a difference, but to my great surprise, I was back to normal within a week.

Maybe a lot of people experience flu-like symptoms with Prozac?  I'm not sure, but I guess my situation was more extreme because of my asthma.  I too am curious about the side effects others have experienced with Prozac.
Blank
266195 tn?1215314011
i'm on 20 mg and i have been on it before, this only happens when i first stat it, and it goes away within a few weeks, and then comes back when i quit it.

i dont have asthma but sometimes i have rouble breathing too (i think its all in my head though)
Blank
455394 tn?1207517579
I have been taking 20mg of prozac for almost a month now, I am a very high strung 120 lb. 31 year old mother of three, and I would always get so anxious, edgy, and pissed off at my  husband and kids and be very moody...I have tried aroung 4 diff. anti-depresents over the past year and the Prozac is the only one that seems to be doing the trick...I feel so much better, no tired or nausea at all, i hope it continues to go this great...
Blank
517130 tn?1223043424
I just started on 10 mg a day of prozac yesterday..i woke up with this morning aching feeling in my legs like i can keep still..is this normal? And im so tired, i wanted to sleep all day yesterday!
Blank
my MD recommended the older prozac?? I haven't done any meds now, but it may be in my future. I had a severe reaction to effexor like reallly bad!
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
19264658 tn?1474865461
Blank
Lonelygirl28 uploaded a new photo
5 hrs ago
Blank
168348 tn?1379360675
Blank
ChitChatNine enjoying fall-like weather ! Comment
11 hrs ago