Prozac withdrawal?
I've been taking 20 mg of Prozac for about a year. I am trying to come off due to sexual side effects. I've been on 10mg for a little over three weeks and have had a lot of anxiety. I was always an anxious person but it has been really bad the last week especially in the morning. Is this a withdrawal side effect. Similar experience?
Hello there,

Common withdrawal symptom here. The fact that you think you might have withdrawal symptoms could actually trigger anxiety.

Have you tried talk therapy? Medications only mask the symptoms and doesn't cure the root cause of anxiety.

Best regards,
M4
No, I know. I have tried "talk therapy" many times. It's really hard to find a good therapist, someone you feel "gets" you. It's just since trying to come off the Prozac  I am sometimes on the verge of a complete panic attack that come right out of the blue. I never had anxiety like this. Do you know of any herbs or anything that may help? I may try therapy again but I hate to sound pessimistic but I really think I will always struggle a bit with this and I can live with masking it a bit, we all have our battles I guess. I do get a little OCD about the side effects and withdrawal symptoms lists so I am trying to not think about it as much but you know how that goes.
Yeah you have a lot of options. You can try to find something they call GABA ( i guess its because anxiety acts on the GABA receptors ) they sell this stuff in food supplement store.

Valerian extract is one herb shown to relieve anxiety in numerous scientific studies. When taken in doses of 50-500 mg, Valerian extract can help you feel more relaxed and less worried. It usually works quickly after about 30 minutes, and unlike anti-anxiety drugs, Valerian is not addictive. High-quality natural anxiety medications contain Valerian extract that's standardized to contain at least 0.8% of valerenic acid, the active constituent.

L-theanine, an amino acid extracted from Green Tea, is a third natural anxiety medication with a pronounced anti-anxiety effect. In fact, many people report that L-theanine works as well as anti-anxiety drugs when taken in doses of 100-300mg. Some products marketed as "L-theanine" actually contain very little pure L-theanine, and thus aren't effective. For this reason, you should make sure to use a natural anxiety medication with SunTheanine®, a 99% pure form of L-theanine.

The best natural anxiety medications are those containing proven ingredients in the proper doses and potencies. For effective anxiety relief, i recommend Seredyn, a supplement that combines the proven doses of Valerian extract, Passion Flower extract, and SunTheanine.

Physical activity is also recommended since it will make your body produce a lot of hormones that will regulate you body and mind. Combine that with a healthy diet and i would not be surprised to see major improvement. Get a subsription to a gym and and try to follow a daily or at 3 times a week schedule. Combined with a healthy diet you will see more benefits. Physical activity and healthy diet is actually my number one advice.

You can also try luminotherapy. Luminotherapy means light therapy and usually involves half-hour sessions in front of a bright lamp (10 000 lux), specially adapted to treat seasonal depression. The principle is simple: light exposure slows down melatonin production, fighting sleepiness and depression. The light reaches the brain through the retina of the eye, as nerve impulses, to alter hormone levels, which in turn reset your body clock and boost your immune system. Some doctors and health farms offer luminotherapy as a treatment, but there are also special lamps on the market for home use.

Talk to your doctor if you have any concern about it and be sure to have no medical condition before engaging intense physical activity. Some tests might be needed to be sure you can engage intense cardiovascular activities.

Hope this will help you
Best regards,
M4