Anxiety Community
Psychosomatic Groin Pain

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Psychosomatic Groin Pain

I've suffered from what's been diagnosed from psychosomatic pain in my groin for about four years now. The pain has been on and off, although sometimes its has been so bad that I literally cannot get out of bed, while other days it is almost non-existent. I've worked with therapists, taken medication such as prozac and cymbalta, but nothing seems to work, and I am getting desperate. The pain seems to be triggered by masturbation, although sex does not seem to trigger it. If anyone has any suggestions on how to lessen the pain or how to cure it, I would very much appreciate it.
how much do you masterbate? how old are you? this could be the cause.
very little, and I assure you, that is not the cause. I've had every conceivable test run, and nothing has turned up out of the ordinary.
ok, since you said you have had every test and been diagnosed with this being psychosomatic, so now is the time to find the cause is this causing you anxiety that interfers with your everyday life? also just stop masterbating (masturbating) for 5-6 months.
blackraven568:

There's a book I would like to recommend that has brought me relief from my own psychosomatic problems. In my opinion, this book is wonderful.
You can also see excerpts from Dr. Sarno's various lectures on You Tube.

THE DIVIDED MIND
The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders
JOHN E. SARNO, M.D. (Soft Cover).
HarperCollins Publishing
ISBN 978-0-06-117430-8

This book does not preach flakey, "Voo-Doo" advice. Dr. Sarno is a highly respected professor of medicine at The Rusk Institute of Medicine, a division of New York University Medical Center (now known as: NYU Langone Medical Center).

I hope this recommendation helps bring you some relief from your pain.

Good luck to you.

blackraven568:

I realize that you posted you question back on June 14, 2009, but I just came across it now. Hopefully, you wou'll see my response. There's a book that I would like to recommend to you that has brought me relief from my own psychosomatic medical problem. In my opinion, this book is  wonderful. In the past, I have recommended it to another person, and they later told me that it has also helped them. You can also see excerpts from Dr. Sarno's various lectures on You Tube. Just type in his name.

THE DIVIDED MIND
The Epidemic of Mindbody Disorders
JOHN E. SARNO, M.D. (Soft Cover).
HarperCollins Publishing
ISBN 978-0-06-117430-8

This book does not preach flakey advice. Dr. Sarno is a highly respected professor of medicine at The Rusk Institute of Medicine, a division of New York University Medical Center (now known as: NYU Langone Medical Center).

I hope this recommendation helps bring you relief from your pain.

Good luck to you.

meegWpaw commented on 230
42 mins ago
slowdive88 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
46 mins ago
Sugar Craving
5 hrs ago by gymdandee
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms