Psychotic break?
My pdoc yesterday told me it's possible to have a psychotic break from too severe anxiety. This scares me bad, what is that? Does that mean I'll go crazy and hurt someone? Myself? Has anyone ever had one of these? Also is there anyone here that has had several months of severe anxiety, then slowly goes back to several months of calm? I'm afraid this feeling will last forever. Just to make sure I'm experiencing this "anxiety" what does it feel like to u all? Fear and discomfort in the pit of your chest or stomach constantly? Not even klonopin helps much! Please help! Thanks
Scott
Lets see feeling anxiety as I write this. Woke up this morning this way! Racing heart feel like I can't breathe upset stomach. I almost always have chest pain and stomach pain. I have anxiety 24/7 sometimes can't even leave my house because I feel so ill/nervous/sick.  I take .5 klonopin actually on half of one and that helps me calm down most of the time.  We to ER once because I was getting real bad heart palps doc said I should take a whole one. But half of one knocks me out. What is your doseage?  Believe it or not what works for me also is listening to relaxation audio on my ipod laying on my back. If you like to know what I listen too let me know.  But yes when anxiety real bad I get this fear that over whelms me and I think I won't make it through that episode.  But I always manage to make it through..I know how your feeling and I will pray for you to make it through and get stronger :)
Thank you so much for your insight. I'm on klonopin .5 mg 4 times day. It makes me really depressed, but helps the anxiety. I have alot of fears with this, mainly because there have been episodes where I would be so happy for months, I wonder if this will ever come back. I'm afraid I won't be able to take care of my family, and I'm NOT suicidal, but have this irrational fear I might become one day because of the day in day out super discomfort. Anyone else ever fear that? What do you pdocs tell you about it. I'm scared to ask mine, I think he might take it the wrong way. Thanks chicky

Scott
The only form of depression that can cause psychotic episodes, is Bi-polar Depressive Disorder but typical clinical depression that can result from severe anxiety, is not in the psychosis category