Anxiety Community
Question about Anxiety Seizures

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Question about Anxiety Seizures

My daughter has had seizures since she was 10 months old, and she is now 2. She has been on Lamital since she started, They once gave her Keppra to try to help her from having so many seizures but she had a bad recation to that. Some days she will have the petimal seizures then there will be the grandmal, and then somedays she just has the one where she gets stiff amd stares into space. They tried  a new medince last week called Depakote, and she also had a bad recation to that one.  Well I was wondering if Anxiety was settng her seizures off, and I'll tell you why. She's been in daycare for 7 months. Two days out of a week they will call me within   2 hours that she has been there, saying she has had a seizures. When I take her to my sister's house, or to the store, or to eat somewhere, or maybe to the doctor, her body is like it's frozen when someone talks to her. Me and my hubsand had some friends over , and one woman went and picked my daughter up and held her. Well my daughter wouldn't even move. She was frozen. I asked her to come to me and she wouldn't even look at me. Well about 5 minutes later she had a seizure. So i'm wondering if her seizures are caused by Anxiety. Thanks
Avatar n tn
I don't have any answers for you but I am also wondering about anxiety seizures. I think I had a seizure last night when I was trying to sleep. It only lasted for a few seconds, but it felt like an electric shock and it felt like I was moving like a fish out of water. This is the second or third time this has happened to me in the past month. I've been very anxious lately so I think it's come from that.

I am 24 years old and I have been treated for depression and anxiety since I was 14. I'm on Lamictal, Zoloft, Wellbutrin. I've recently been taking Atarax as well. I've never had a seizure before although when I was very little I had chronic migraines, which I've heard can be a form of epilepsy.
Avatar n tn
I to am 30 and seeing a wonderful neurologist my seizures are do to stress I suffer everyday with them but they are managable with klonipine and adavan
Anxiety or stress can worsen or be a trigger point for seizures but what you are describing sounds like partial seizures that are untreated where a person is conscious but cannot communicate. I would repost this question in the neurology forum and also I would follow up with a visit to a pediatric neurologist who specializes in seizure related disorders. I've taken all of those medications before but as mood stabilizers so I can't comment. I can say that there are many forms of seizures and different anti-convulsants work on different forms of them. My cousin has Rett's syndrome which is a developmental disability and has seizures which is part of it and done well on some of those medications and not tolerated others but they need to have a better understanding of why the seizures are not responding to treatment and if there are further causes involved.
Avatar n tn
After a brain injury 9 years ago I began having petit mals a couple of time.  Most of the time I just kept doing whatever activity I was engaged in until the quezy feeling went away.  
I recentely began finding myself in a diferent place perhaps in a different part of the room.  From the way people talk to I know that I have had one.  I was so hopeful that I wouldn't need to take meds since my seizures were short absence ones. Does anyone else share my desire to use natural means for these anxiety seizures?  I feel so close to an answer. Any comment would be appreciated. I love your community.
Jade59 commented on Jade59's status
Jade59 commented on Dee1956's status
Jade59 commented on meegWpaw's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms