Anxiety Community
Question

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Question

I have had anxiety or what I think is axiety for the past 6 months. I have the heart palpitations, chest pains, numbness on the left side of my face, fast pulse rate, trouble sleeping..etc. I feel like I'm going crazy! I have been to the doctor on numerous occasions he has done ekgs and the normal check ups, blood work and he says its just anxiety. I do have Highblood pressure and am on losinpril and metoprolol (for my pulse), I'm only 29 years old and no history of heart diease in my family. The only history of heart trouble is my mother and grandmother have high pulse rates. The doctor also has me taking lorazapam for the anxiety. But I keep thinking I'm gonna die any moment. My question is when you all have your anxiety episodes, do you have them constantly or do they come and go. Mine seem pretty constant, like I can't relax. Also do any of you have a pounding pulse, like you can feel it in all your pulse locations ( sides of head, upper arms, neck etc...) I would just like any input you all can give or any tips on how to beat this. Sorry to ramble on!! Thanks  
Hey there, sorry to hear you are having trouble too.  I too have the numbness in my face and chest pains, also my whole body seems to be sore and tense all of the time like I can't ever relax.  I feel like their is pressure in my chest and abdomen when I get tense and I check my BP and it is high.  I have high blood pressure as well, I will be 25 the 20th of this month and was diagnosed last year.  I have heart disease in my great grandmother(CHF) and my grandmother and aunt on my mom's side has HBP.  Did they look for any secondary causes of your HBP?  I felt a little better about the chest pains when I passed my stress echo, maybe you need to go and see a cardiologist if you haven't already.
Hello
I have just gone through a major period of health anxiety over my heart. I had almost constant chest pains, pains in my neck and jaw and also pain and tingling in my left arm i had ecg chest x ray echo and blood work all fine and i saw the cardiologist. I've now accepted the fact there is nothing wrong with my heart but only did this by eventually going to see a counsellor which really helped and also am on medication from the doctor. But my symptoms were almost constant, i could even wake from a deep sleep with chest pains and pains in my left arm. I know how scary it is also when my anxiety was at its worst i always could feel my heart beating and even woke up in the night with it racing i found it unbelieveable that nothing was wrong with me because not for a minute did i believe that these feelings were caused by anxiety i was sure they were missing something and was almost scared to sleep never mind do anything else because i was sure i was about to drop down dead. Now ive started the meds and the counselling i dont have any pain like i used to. I do get the ocasional twinge but i am now able to brush it aside. Like this morning for example i had a niggling pain around my left shoulder and armpit and tingling in my left hand - once i would have obsessed over it and been having panic attacks and been going to the doctor but i just ignored it and its gone.
Hope this helps - good luck
Thank you all for your coments, its comforting to know that I'm not the only one going through this. Thank god we have a place to go and see how others are dealing with anxiety. I wish you all the best! Aaron
DoubleAron, I just answered your question on the "High heart rate post that started 4/2".  Please go read it and I hope it may bring you all some comfort.  It is amazing what physical things can occur when we think of them.  What I have noticed in myself personally is when my chest hurts, I start thinking "oh my gosh, is my left arm going to hurt or tingle" which is classic symptoms of heart attack.  Then amazingly, my left hand starts to tingle....all the while I am scared out of my wits that this will happen.  What I am saying is I think I have a tendency to create these symptons in my mind.  I had learned something before when I bought the Lucinda Bassett tapes....that you can talk yourself through this....when I feel this I try to say to myself that this is just anxiety and it will pass....then it does....for a while.  To answer your question about the frequency of episodes......it is everyday!  I feel like I am constatlt in my flight or fight mode.........my adrenaline is always pumping.  I just need to talk myself though this......so yes, I am the crazy lady in my truck talking to myself :-)
To all that have high blood pressure, what does your docs say?  I recommend a complete physical....if everythign comes back OK, then you know it is "just anxiety".
I have been suffering from moderate anxiety I purchased from panic to power from Lucinda Bassett this book is great you must change the way you think in order to overcome your anxiety I still have some chest pain but I know its just anxiety I recommend you check out your local libary or ebay
Not Coping
2 hrs ago by 4Maddie44
4Maddie44 had a stroke and depression... Comment
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms