Anxiety Community
REAL curious. COME IN AND CHECK IT OUT...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

okay... so i was talking to my friend recently about the medication ive been taking... and for some reason every person that i talk to says the same thing!!!.. they all tell me NOT to take antidepressants... that it would make it worse from their personal experience... they all say that mind over matter and meds are not required to get better? anyone heard this? my friend also told me there is a museum DEDICATED to prove that pyschitrists are not even real doctors and dont even cure anyone?!!!... im taking seroquel and it makes my depersonalization go away a lil and i feel less anxious... however i also want to stay open minded... to my friends opinions... they were also diagnosed with anxiety disorders and now they dont have it anymore? they tell me its all because they CHOSE not to believe it and went with the "flow" and lived out their life... saying that mental illness is just a say for psychiatrists to get paid... now im not saying i believe this but... what do you guys think????? they are saying SPECIFICIALLY antidepressants... saying it'll make me have suicidical thoughts... anxiety gets worse etc etc... and when i WAS taking zoloft.. i really did feel like my anxiety got worse....
o.k. what would you do if you had diabeties and they told you to quit taking the meds and get over it? your meds are helping you are'nt they? i've had depression and anxiety for a very long time and i've had friends and family members to basically say, just get over it, it's mind over matter. well if it was then don't you think that's what we would do? i'm glad things are going fine for your friends not being on meds, sometimes people have just a few episodes in their lifetime, for others it's an ongoing medical problem. i would say to do what works for you and not listen to anyone else. thank goodness we have the drs. and medication that we have today. many years ago you got thrown into some horrible place and just left there because there were no pyschitrists and no medication. the seroquel is working for you is'nt it? stay on it and don't listen to them. you know your own mind and body much better than they do. sorry this is so long but it touches a nerve with me and i'm sure many other people at this site when people say that it's all in your head, mind over matter. take care sweetie and i'm glad your doing a little better on your meds now. remar
4Maddie44 commented on Voices in my head
4Maddie44 commented on Whatever
mishymoshymarcy "Emotions are only a tempor... Comment