Anxiety Community
Racing thoughts, anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Racing thoughts, anxiety

I have been having racing thoughts for about a year now and its driving me crazy!  I am on Lexapro, but it doesn't seem to be helping.  In the past six months, I lost my Dad, my uncle and my cousin.  I live in the mountains an hour from town, my husband is out of town for weeks at a time.  I work at home, we are trying to sell our house.  I have been thinking about seeing my doctor about different medication and also seeing a therapist.  I feel like I am going crazy!

Linda
It does sound overwhelming and to be shouldering so much alone is tough just in itself. If I were you, I'd see a psychiatrist for the proper meds to help calm your anxiety. You can see one just for the meds and not for therapy if finances are a problem. The meds appointment is about once a month.

Try to go with  your gut feeling but my pharmacist suggested I see an expert who could tweak my meds just right after I saw an MD and was put on lots of high powered stuff. Today I feel so much better, not only did I have racing thoughts but my dogs were beginning to talk to me in English......that's how I knew I needed a "pro" for help.

Mercy
Thank you so much for responding.  I sometimes feel like an idiot and that I should just be strong and deal with it, but it gets to be too much sometimes.  I am going to see a therapist my cousin recommended.  Did your meds help erase the racing thoughts?  I'm not sure if I should go see my doctor first or just try to make an appointment with a therapist.  You are an angel for talking to me, I think sometimes a person feels like they are the only ones who feel this way.

take care and thank you
Linda
A Therapist can't prescribe meds - only an MD and a psychiatrist is an MD. You could always go to a regular MD family doctor and see what he thinks but I really needed a Psychiatrist as I am on 5 different meds and maybe you only need one to help with the racing thoughts which is a symptom of "something" wrong........chemically out of balance.

Best to you,

Mercy
The condition is bound to develop into paranoia.

I kow its hard to read book. may over anylize, may talk too much. may even destory some relations ship because you become so oppinionate. may develop a controling mind (because you've already thought things out and already predicted the outcome).

But ask about depekote (cuz i know keeping busy doesnt stop it); it'll slow you down!
Spectrals added the Sleep Tracker
1 hr ago
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
melimeli commented on Jewels63's status