Anxiety Community
Racing thoughts, anxiety
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Racing thoughts, anxiety

I have been having racing thoughts for about a year now and its driving me crazy!  I am on Lexapro, but it doesn't seem to be helping.  In the past six months, I lost my Dad, my uncle and my cousin.  I live in the mountains an hour from town, my husband is out of town for weeks at a time.  I work at home, we are trying to sell our house.  I have been thinking about seeing my doctor about different medication and also seeing a therapist.  I feel like I am going crazy!

Linda
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
971091_tn?1247764016
It does sound overwhelming and to be shouldering so much alone is tough just in itself. If I were you, I'd see a psychiatrist for the proper meds to help calm your anxiety. You can see one just for the meds and not for therapy if finances are a problem. The meds appointment is about once a month.

Try to go with  your gut feeling but my pharmacist suggested I see an expert who could tweak my meds just right after I saw an MD and was put on lots of high powered stuff. Today I feel so much better, not only did I have racing thoughts but my dogs were beginning to talk to me in English......that's how I knew I needed a "pro" for help.

Mercy
Blank
Thank you so much for responding.  I sometimes feel like an idiot and that I should just be strong and deal with it, but it gets to be too much sometimes.  I am going to see a therapist my cousin recommended.  Did your meds help erase the racing thoughts?  I'm not sure if I should go see my doctor first or just try to make an appointment with a therapist.  You are an angel for talking to me, I think sometimes a person feels like they are the only ones who feel this way.

take care and thank you
Linda
Blank
971091_tn?1247764016
A Therapist can't prescribe meds - only an MD and a psychiatrist is an MD. You could always go to a regular MD family doctor and see what he thinks but I really needed a Psychiatrist as I am on 5 different meds and maybe you only need one to help with the racing thoughts which is a symptom of "something" wrong........chemically out of balance.

Best to you,

Mercy
Blank
592278_tn?1235664887
The condition is bound to develop into paranoia.

I kow its hard to read book. may over anylize, may talk too much. may even destory some relations ship because you become so oppinionate. may develop a controling mind (because you've already thought things out and already predicted the outcome).

But ask about depekote (cuz i know keeping busy doesnt stop it); it'll slow you down!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
Spectrals added the Sleep Tracker
1 hr ago
Blank
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
3 hrs ago
296076_tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on Jewels63's status
3 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
480448_tn?1403547723