Random anxiety from marijuana... help.
I smoked weed daily for a long time, smoking weed made me feel relaxed and happy. Until one night I smoked by myself and sat down to watch some TV. Out of nowhere my heart started pounding. I tried to breathe in and out to calm down but It didn't work. I went outside, drank a glass of water, and sat on my deck, that still didn't help. After that I convinced myself I was having a heart attack. My heart was beating extremely fast. I woke up my buddy to help me out and he told me to lay down and go to sleep. I woke up the next morning and I was no longer panicking. But til' this day I still have anxiety. I always feel like my heart is beating fast. The anxiety is the worst when i try to smoke weed, I get so scared that i'll panic when i smoke, that i panic every time I smoke. I got to the point where it wasn't worth the panic to get high. I feel depressed now that I cant smoke anymore and I don't know what to do.
You're life with marijuana is over.  That's just the way it is.  Marijuana is great until it isn't anymore, and then it's time to move on.  You already have learned everything the drug had to teach you; now you're just dependent on it to have fun.  That passes.  Whether the anxiety passes or not depends on whether you are prone to chronic anxiety or not; if you are marijuana tends to bring that out the same way it makes you hungrier if you're hungry to start with.  If you think you have no life without marijuana then it was past time to stop anyway.
That was a great reply!
Exact same thing happened to me. A decade of daily smoking and them BAM!!!! I tried to persevere but in the end realised that I could no longer smoke weed. Sorry bud, I know how much it ***** but it's time to call it a day with smoking the green.
It happen to me 3yrs ago till this day I havent smoked and now am suffering from terrible panic ,aneixty disorder that the worse cant drink soda nt with caffeine ,chocolate feels like ur life is over ughhhh .....
I smoked quite a bit of week back in my day, like 18 or so years ago and it would give me anxiety only rarely. Then I quit smoking so frequently and would do it once in a blue moon but it always seemed like the older I got the more anxiety I would get when I did smoke it. I had a cpl tokes a few months ago and felt ok for about 20 minutes then went into full blown panic mode. It took everything I had not to flip out and start screaming and crying (was at a party)
Ohh sh*t man... That has happened to me too.

I just want to add...Paxiled, great post and reply... I think there is a lot of sense to what you said, ESPECIALLY on the spiritual side of the drug: Marihuana. It really is a drug that takes out what u have in you. It makes a lot of sense to me, to be told, that my time is done. It cracks me up that to me, it also took like 10 years. I tried it first when i was 16, then I hit back when I was 17, and up from 18 I started to smoke daily. Now I am 26... Panic/anxiety attack with weed has been going on for some time, ever since I am 25.

I have checked my heart and its fine. I have checked my lungs and its fine.

I really think, Kridder13, that our problems lie on our minds and they really are due to ANXIETY. What a bit$%... I cannot understand how "energy", how that thing called anxiety or stress, can have such huge PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS... Some days, on some attacks, I can swear to God my life is about to end. I think more than heart problems, esophagus problems (GERD); the problem is very real and it's called anxiety.
Marijuana is a psychoactive substance. Meaning it has a profound or significant effect on the mental processes. Depending on what state of mind you are in before, as well as how you feel/think while on it, has an effect on the outcome of this drug . My advice, take a break from it for a while. Remember that it is a MEDICINE to be used for your benefit. If it stops giving you benefits then stop using it. But ask yourself why you are getting anxious all of the sudden. It could be due to something much deeper within and the marijuana is bringing it to your attention. Such as a change in mindset, or the recent occurrence of a major life event. We as human beings have the amazing ability to self reflect, and marijuana can be a great tool to help us learn how to cope with our emotions. On the other hand you could be abusing it (mistakenly) and your body is letting you know to back off. It is a medicine to be used for health, and not to be abused with overindulgence.