Anxiety Community
Remedy...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Remedy...

I am a 23/male. Lately I have been having times where I feel as if I have been having panic attacks for reasons that dont seem to all warrant one. While I mostly see my self as a pretty relaxed person most of the time, little things seem to set me on a rollercoaster of fear that my life is falling apart in front of my eyes. While they are going on I begin to breathe heavily, sweat, breathe and cry uncontrollably, and usually vomit. If there is someone close to me around who can calm me down I usually can snap out of it within minutes, but if I am alone somewhere I really feel as if I get in a panicky/bummed out (not so much depressed) kind of mood for the next few hours, and the only thing that will make me feel better is having an interaction with someone I care about who I can talk to it about and they can calm me down. My question basically is this, before I am having these attacks I understand the ways that I can cope with them and always tell myself, "the next time this happens, just relax and understand that everything is actually going to be alright, breathe deeply, go for a run, do something that you enjoy doing" but when they are happening, I cannot seem to even pull myself out of enough of a mood to do something about it, would a doctor perscribe something for anti-anxiety that would work as something that I could take as these attacks begin or are all of these medications built to be taken at certain intervals regularly? I have never been on a regular medication regimine in my life, and seem to have one of these attacks, on average, about 4 times a month, But the feeling I have when I am having one of these attacks is borderline unbearable. Please help...Thank you
bump
Namaste,

There are medications that can to taken at the onset of a panic attack that will minimize or alleviate the attacks although they are habit forming and can have adverse side effects. It's worth discussing with your provider though.

I know how hard it is coming out of a panic attack once your in it and I can't give you a simple answer as to what you might do, except what works for me and that is deep breathing. You can find information on the proper technique, several places on the Internet.

Finally, I also seem to get panic attacks without any trigger. They just come out of the blue while I'm walking down the street, for example.

It's a disorder I suffer with and know that they(panic attacks) will pass and aren't life threatening, for the most part, so I just accept it and try to maintain a positive mental attitude(PMA).

Good Luck!!

Michael
jemma116 commented on photo
6 mins ago
RCRA commented on nursegirl6572's status
18 mins ago
nursegirl6572 Don't let people pull you i... Comment
34 mins ago