Aa
A
A
Close
Remeron withdrawal
I have taken Remeron for about 2 years for generalized anxiety and panic attacks.  I decided to try and go off of it.  My doctor said that after a week of taking it (30mg.) every other day, I  should be able to stop taking it.  I took it every other day for 6 weeks and then quit taking it completely 6 weeks ago.  The withdrawal symptoms have been horrible.  I still have no appetite ( I have lost 10 lbs of the 40 I gained on the meds), having trouble sleeping, my arms and legs are "restless", nausea, jittery.  I seem to have a couple of good days and I think it's over, then symptoms start again.  How long will the symptoms go on?  If I had some idea, it would make getting through this much easier.  I am off work now (until Sept.) and was hoping to be through this by then - can't imagine working when I feel like this.  Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Cancel
7 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I decided to stop the meds because of the weight gain and the tiredness it caused.  Also, I felt emotionally numb.  It did however stop the anxiety.  I have been completely off the Remeron for 6 weeks, so does this mean it is probably the anxiety causing the symptoms and not withdrawal?  I don't know what is the right thing to do - don't know what to do now.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for the info - it is more than I have received from any local health care providers.  I actually have a prescription for .5 mg. of Xanax (I break it in half the few times I have used it), which I think I will try in for awhile  (since I really don't want to restart the Remeron again).  I have been hesitant to use the Xanax  because of addiction possibilities.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Forgot to mention...the problem I seem to be having is more with generalized anxiety and worry.  Panic attacks are few and far between.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
212161 tn?1432037254
just want to say God Bless you , you are there for all ,and your young and care that much. i pray your doing good in your health. Barbara
Comment
Cancel
212161 tn?1432037254
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
406584 tn?1399591666
Blank
10356 commented on msdelight's status
7 hrs ago
296076 tn?1371338074
Blank
melimeli commented on photo