Remeron withdrawal
I have taken Remeron for about 2 years for generalized anxiety and panic attacks.  I decided to try and go off of it.  My doctor said that after a week of taking it (30mg.) every other day, I  should be able to stop taking it.  I took it every other day for 6 weeks and then quit taking it completely 6 weeks ago.  The withdrawal symptoms have been horrible.  I still have no appetite ( I have lost 10 lbs of the 40 I gained on the meds), having trouble sleeping, my arms and legs are "restless", nausea, jittery.  I seem to have a couple of good days and I think it's over, then symptoms start again.  How long will the symptoms go on?  If I had some idea, it would make getting through this much easier.  I am off work now (until Sept.) and was hoping to be through this by then - can't imagine working when I feel like this.  Any advice and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
I decided to stop the meds because of the weight gain and the tiredness it caused.  Also, I felt emotionally numb.  It did however stop the anxiety.  I have been completely off the Remeron for 6 weeks, so does this mean it is probably the anxiety causing the symptoms and not withdrawal?  I don't know what is the right thing to do - don't know what to do now.
Thank you for the info - it is more than I have received from any local health care providers.  I actually have a prescription for .5 mg. of Xanax (I break it in half the few times I have used it), which I think I will try in for awhile  (since I really don't want to restart the Remeron again).  I have been hesitant to use the Xanax  because of addiction possibilities.
Forgot to mention...the problem I seem to be having is more with generalized anxiety and worry.  Panic attacks are few and far between.
just want to say God Bless you , you are there for all ,and your young and care that much. i pray your doing good in your health. Barbara