Anxiety Community
Rushing, uncontrollable thoughts/visions when falling asleep

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

I'm really freaking out.  For the past couple of weeks, i've been having this experience of rushing thoughts as I'm trying to fall asleep at night.  I mean, it's mainly a vision or word that only lasts half a second, but they rush in constantly and disrupts my sleep.  It only happens at night when I'm going to go to sleep and not during the day, although i had an episode for a few days where i was repeating everything that was said on tv and couldn't stop.  Now that i've relaxed about it, i've stopped.  Maybe i have a bit of OCD?  I'm starting to think i'm going crazy and i'm really scared.  I've had anxiety disorder for 15 years, but i've never had this symptom.  I've been under a lot of stress for the past year, so not sure if this is just another manifestation of anxiety.  Before that, i was having twitching/jerks at night right as I was falling asleep, but that has stopped pretty much, but now it's been replaced by the rushing thoughts.  I really hope someone else has had this and can ease my mind.  Thanks.
You should talk this concern over with your Doctor. Anxiety can cause all sorts of symptoms ~ ony medicallty qualified people can give a diagnosis, on here others will share their experiences & give support. Hope you get help, don't hesitate to seek it ~ avoid putting it off. Best wishes,George
Hey, I've got this too. I will try to describe it.
As the fast feeling steps in everything changes in my mind. As like if I have taken some drug and I feel a rush of adrenalin in my brain. The sounds are altered also. I can hear every little tone. My senses are different. Everything I touch is somehow different and even new. I have tried to find some information about this and I came up to this web site, where everything is described very well - http://www.fastfeeling.co.cc/
Dee1956 commented on No Cirrhosis of the L...
Eliminate This ONE Ingredient and W...
13 hrs ago by gymdandee
123tushar07 commented on When will things get ...
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms