Anxiety Community
SOCIAL ANXIETY RUINING MY LIFE!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

SOCIAL ANXIETY RUINING MY LIFE!

Ive had social anxiety disorder for over 6 months but finally went to the doctor last week to be diagnosed and put on meds-the doctor put me on PROZAC 20mg daily, im on them a week now but feeling slightly worse the past few days,even slightly depressed. im just wondering will these feelings surpass eventully? as my doctor said it can take at least 2 weeks for them to settle. can anyone please help me as this is ruining  my life.
also is therapy a good solution for anxiety? i just want to fix this.
any comments greatly appreciated X :)
what kind of anxiety do you have ??? are you very depressed??? to tell you the truth i dont think going on meds is a good choice or therapy the only person who can change this is no one oter then???? YOU yes you said it . you are the person who can change you anxiety go to google and write mark sheperd anxiety click on he first one this guy will help you alot message me and tell me how it worked if it didnt work well i have other soloutions good luck remember no one can get rid of the anxiety accept you.. the meds may work after two weeks but you still need to be patient and give then medecine a chance. i know why its getting worse because your worrying about what the meds are going to do to you you are scared if the meds arnt going to work so u have more anxiety just relax take things easy and eventually u will see your slef in a perfect world :) by yassmin
thank you so much for your help-is there any other solutions you have that find usefull? ive looked up mark shepard and his advice is very good thanks :)
my anxiety appears when i have to go out in public, especially around my own peers or large crowds-i just become terribly nervous and uncormftable, my legs get weak and feel i have to sit down because im going to faint. its the most horrible feelong ever! at the moment im slighly ( not very)  depressed as i just have a fear that the meds wont clear it!    
have you gone on any meds that you found good for your anxiety? what type of anxiety do you have?
Cricketk92 joined this community
Welcome them!
52 mins ago
Dalubaba commented on photo
53 mins ago
CRSeaside commented on photo
1 hr ago