Anxiety Community
SSRI and Urine problems

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

SSRI and Urine problems

I started Zoloft in July for a new diagnosis panic attacks and ocd. My primary care doctor prescribed it until I could get an appointment with a psychiatrist. After seeing th psychiatrist he switched me to Prozac. I went from Prozac 10 mg to 15mg with no issues. When he increased my dose to 20 mg I began to experience frequent urge to urinated and burning in my pelvic area. My primary care checked me for UTI and yeast infection. I did have glucose in my urine and a yeast infection for which I was treated with Diflucan and Metronizal gel.I was treated for vaginosis. I am not sexually active. The symptoms subsided after weaning off of the Prozac but have returned with resuming the Zoloft.Mentally I feel much better. Today I increased my Zoloft from 12.5 mg to 25 mg. If these side effects continue are there other meds for anxiety that are not addictive and with fewer side effects. I spoke with my psychaitrist yesterday and he said to stop the Zolft and use the Xanax until my appointment next week. I have addictive behavior in my family. My psychiatrist and pharmacist both say that they have never heard such side effects with SSRI use.
Frequent urine is actually a symptom of anxiety, and also the medz u were taking can increase in anxiety symptoms so that could've been the problem. When I'm feeling anxious I use the bathroom alot. Your going to be ok
Any idea why I was better before I increased my Prozac from 15-20mg, side effects subsided off of Prozac but now persist with Zoloft?
CRSeaside commented on Help
1 min ago
10356 commented on Help
1 hr ago
Jade59 commented on zodiacqueen's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms