Anxiety Community
SWITCH FROM PAXIL TO CYMBALTA?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

SWITCH FROM PAXIL TO CYMBALTA?

so today i saw my physc. anxiety getting worse. been on paxil since i was about 15 (now 24) on 37.5cr and decided to try a change. shes having me try cymbalta. anyone have luck with this? shes also having me for 7 days taking 37.5 paxil and 20mg of cymbalta. then for the next week take 37.5 paxil with 40mg of cymbalta. does this sound normal? i feel like thats too much medication in my body. i'm terrified of trying anything new but i know i have to give it a try. (also on klonopin 0.5mg twice daily)
Yes, that does sound normal as Paxil can have some withdrawl (withdrawal) symptoms, and your doctor does not want you to have those so she's trying to ensure that thee other medication builds up in your body so you won't have the withdrawls. Sometimes if you've been on a certain medication for a while it can stop working like it used to. It's fairly uncommon to see a patient who finds one medication to work for them for the rest of there lives. Also as you get older and you hormone levels and life changes, your body will have different medication needs. Medications are really suited for each particular person; what does miracles for one person may be horrible for another. For me oersonally, I know the SSRI class, including Paxil and most other anti-depressants, did not work for me, I currently take Effexor which is an SNRI, similar to Cymbalta which are the only two anti-depressants in this class. Cymbalta can be a great medication for anxiety and depression, especially if you experience any physical effects of either, such as body aches. It's considered to be a pretty tolerable anti-depressant and doesn't have a whole lot of side effects. As you know, you'll have to give it several weeks to see how it goes, but also know that if it's not the right one for you, there's lots of other medications you can try. The most important thing is to find a set of medications that fits perfectly for you, and it may take a couple of trial and errors, but it is possible to get there. I wish you luck on this new medication and hope it goes well for you. This website is always here as a resource so i hope you keep us posted. Take care, and I'm sending my best wishes you way!

Sara RN
specialmom commented on Saw the babies again ...
1 hr ago
10356, and Jade59 commented on 10356's status
mishymoshymarcy Im actually not even sure a... Comment
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms