Safe to take Xanax with Ambien???
I was prescribed xanax about a year ago for panic attacks due to a rape and I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic stress. I never took them at that time.  I don't like to take pills at all. They prescribed me Lunesta for sleeping.  It worked pretty good.  

I had a miscarriage April 18th and haven't had a good night sleep since. I haven't slept more than 3 or 4 hours.  I asked my Dr to prescribe me something to help me sleep which I didn't hear from him after a few days I started taking the xanax and it knocked me out for a good 8 hours.  

I finally got the generic ambien prescribed. It helped me fall asleep fast for a few nights but never kept me asleep longer than 4 hours. After tossing and turning for a few hours I would end up taking another one to fall back asleep and get 4 more hours of sleep.  It's now been almost a week and now it's not even putting me to sleep what is up with this have I built a tolerance up already in 7 nights from taking two a night sometimes.  even though they were 4-6 hours apart.  
I do not respond to generic Ambien the same as the brand Ambien. I would recommend trying the brand, if you can afford it. It can make all of the difference.

I am so, so sorry to hear about your miscarriage and your post traumatic stress. Sleep will be very important in your recovery, so I hope that you can get this resolved. I would not recommend using xanax for sleep, however.

What dosage are you taking?
I am currently taking xanax for my anxiety and panic attacks. Twice a day as prescribed. And before bedtim i take 1 ambien. What do u thinkn about that?