Anxiety Community
Safe to take Xanax with Ambien???
About This Community:

A community of people with Anxiety offering support. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Safe to take Xanax with Ambien???

I was prescribed xanax about a year ago for panic attacks due to a rape and I was diagnosed with Post Traumatic stress. I never took them at that time.  I don't like to take pills at all. They prescribed me Lunesta for sleeping.  It worked pretty good.  

I had a miscarriage April 18th and haven't had a good night sleep since. I haven't slept more than 3 or 4 hours.  I asked my Dr to prescribe me something to help me sleep which I didn't hear from him after a few days I started taking the xanax and it knocked me out for a good 8 hours.  

I finally got the generic ambien prescribed. It helped me fall asleep fast for a few nights but never kept me asleep longer than 4 hours. After tossing and turning for a few hours I would end up taking another one to fall back asleep and get 4 more hours of sleep.  It's now been almost a week and now it's not even putting me to sleep what is up with this have I built a tolerance up already in 7 nights from taking two a night sometimes.  even though they were 4-6 hours apart.