Anxiety Community
Scalp tightness

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Scalp tightness

I'm super worried about this scalp tightness I've been feeling lately, and the more I worry about it the worse it gets. It started around 2 days ago, after a night of drinking, so I thought it had to do with that and I started worrying I did some damage with the alcohol. It continued after that, and got worse sometimes if I thought about it. It feels tight, and when I touch the area on the scalp it almost has a numb feeling to it.

I have diagnosed anxiety, which typically manifests with a stuttering problem. I also just started a big new job overseas, and have been adjusting to the job only for the last 2 weeks or so. I've also been worried about money, as the move was very expensive and my finances are currently very tight.

I am hoping this is due to anxiety, has anyone else had this problem?
From my experience drinking and Anxiety don't go, its always the next day it feels worse when the drink is wearing of I was like myself yesterday. And I am giving drink a mess. I have had a anxiety disorder for 10 years, and was anxiety free for a year, now its came back again. The next day ur anxiety is always worse after a night of drinking. And the stress u are under, anxiety syptoms (symptoms) are a coping tool your body does while dealing with stress, its scary but your strong person for coping with this on a daily basis. Hope ur ok
Thanks for the response. I try and be strong, it's tough when you have a job that doesn't really understand anxiety issues, thus you end up dealing with most of it on your own. I am getting by.
Not many people do understand, always here day or night if u need someone to talk to. I have had anxiety disorder for 10 years the syptoms (symptoms) are scary when the appen I have had butterflies in my stomach for two days, and feel dizzy and on edge, it is scary. Bu I joined her yesterday cause talkin to ppl who are going through the same as u and understand is helpful. Its just finding the right medication or therapy through ur GP will help,slow but small postive steps get back on track. I haven't sleep allnight wish it will stop,  drinking increases Anxiety syptoms (symptoms), always hear if u wanna talk
Thanks, same goes for me, I'm here if you want to talk. You're right about alcohol, it's not good for people with anxiety. Something mild I take when I'm trying to sleep but am too anxious is a beta-blocker, it tends to calm me down just enough to go to sleep.
Think mine has returned again wid me living in England and my kids living in scotland. They had involement with social services down to my ex drinking heavy and police being called. And plus going out saturday with my m8's. Feeling a little bit better tonight a bit like. Forgot to mention, one of the syptoms (symptoms) I got a while back, was a tight fore arm doctors told me it was down to anxiety. I always use to go the doctors a lot years ago when I first had anxiety syptoms (symptoms) if they carried on for a few days
I'm living in Belgium now, have been for about 3 weeks, so that was the stressful international move. I'm sorry about your family situation, that sounds like it could trigger anxiety. I would go in for my scalp tightness, but I'm in the military and I think they'd think I was weird. I'm glad you're feeling a little bit better.
Trust me not acting on it will not help, their therapist that can help, everyone deals with stress different, just that ppl like us its anxiety syptoms (symptoms). Is their anyone one that u feel comfortable to talk to, honest acting now will be better for u. Understand though what ur saying, anxiety is not a weakness it takes a strong person to cope an live with it. Think about talkin to someone please, it hard enough goin through with out support. Always here anytime
mishymoshymarcy If you think you've tried y... Comment
May 01
rocketgirl1210 I have returned! :) Comment
Apr 30
refills, and 10356 commented on clean_in_ks's status
Apr 30
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms