Anxiety Community
Seizure from Anxiety?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Seizure from Anxiety?

I am a 38 year old female that has never head seizures before this year.  I have had anxiety issues my entire life.  I do have T5-6-7 herniated, and have had spinal shots that did work a year ago.  Two months ago, I had a grand mal seizure while taking a nap.  All tests, MRI, Cat scan, EEG, were normal.  I have had a couple episodes since during the night where I was twitching and "making noises", although woke up normally and felt fine.  They wanted me to take medication, but it was so mind alterating that I can't handle it.  Last night, however, just before I was falling asleep, I had a burning sensation in my lower back and my leg started to shake.  Could all of this be related to my neck?  Or is it all just stress?  Where can I go to get answers and not just another pill thrown at me?  
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1670856_tn?1316777368
Well the doctors should be the experts. . . . But a uneducated guess. . . .

Sure, could be the "neck"- Your tendons/muscles are kinda connected all the way down to the back, and so on.  
And just like I can get muscle twitches in my left arm as a result of a neck pain.... Well it seams possible.

Also a more psychological answer might be, that its simply the work of your mind.
About a year ago I experienced something that freaked me out.-
Felt like someone had dropped boiling water on my legs. 2 weeks later i found out it was cause i was stressing over a certain girl, and when the "issue" with her was solved, my legs were fine.

Just a little example.-

But again.- I aint a doctor, so dont take my words as facts- they are simply guesses/suggestions.-
Maybe try getting a bit of movement/workout on the lower back and shoulder/neck area- Might help out some.
GL
Blank
480448_tn?1403547723
No, anxiety will not cause a seizure, but many other things will.  You need to work closely with a Neurologist to try to figure this out.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Recent Activity
Blank
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
8 hrs ago
Blank
blockhead123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
8 hrs ago
Blank
Paxiled commented on Important Factors Typ...
12 hrs ago
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms
Start Tracking Now
Top Anxiety Answerers
Blank
Paxiled
Arlington, VA
Blank
anxiety860