Anxiety Community
Seroquel for sleep and anxiety??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Seroquel for sleep and anxiety??

Started taking seroquel 25mg., at bedtime, and they want to taper me off xanax..Terrifies me!!  I'm it all together seroquel makes me sleep like a bear, and I do seem calmer the next day..Way different calm than xanax.  Also on 3 blood pressure meds., and paxil 40mg.  Help!!
I would discuss this with my doctor about how terrified you are on coming off the xanax....if you feel the seroquel is doing the job and making you feel really calm maybe the dr wants to get you off the xanax so you wont get so addicted to it.....just remember he or she should taper you off very slowly if you have been on it for a while as to not have withdrawals that can come with tapering off....I am sure your doctor is aware of this.....

If things get to bad while tapering off I would call the dr and let them know what you are feeling and going thru and maybe he can come up with a different plan for you....just let your dr know the anxiety you are already feeling from him wanting to taper you.....I hope you will gete along just fine and the taper goes really well.....keep us informed and prayers are sent up for you...

God Bless.....Sissypants
scared_dad commented on Why You Might Have A ...
1 hr ago
specialmom commented on AnnieBrooke's status
Jade59 commented on atthebeach's status