Anxiety Community
Severe Anxiety Gas/Burps/Heartburn

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Viewing 201-270 comments:
Thank you everyone too, am glad to see i am not the only one suffering from this. I thank God that i have found all of you, and that we share the same symptoms. I am currently on Nexium/Losec, but i have had so many symptoms that i thought i was gng to die. But now i feel much better
I am currently experiencing all these issues right now. Been so many times to the ER. It started prolly 10mos ago. when my heart was pounding so hard and fast in the middle of the night and woke me up for no apparent reason (could be a dream, idk) I could even hear it when i lay my head on the pillow. Felt other issues also like high blood pressure, mild pain in my heart, nausea, thought of losing it, tachycardia and burping. Done ekg, echocardio, blood test, sonogram, and other test includng MRI and chest xray. all test are negative.Then my Dr. put me on metoprolol 25mg (half day, half night) and omeprazole. But all these issues still persists though I can say the metoprolol really controls my blood pressure. I really want this issues to be gone forever, I don't believe in a supreme being (i wish i could) so the spiritual support won't be that helpful to me. Until now it's like just thinking of these also add up to my anxiety, it just doesnt go out of my head. by assessing my ownself, i know i still control it. pls help me work this off of me.
Hi I'm a 34 year old male from Philippines I have the exact problems like what you are having now and just like all of us in this thread we had our doctors baffled. I even had a slight tingling in my left ring and pinky finger that comes and goes away on an hourly basis, I have been to the doctors took some tests and although I got a high lvl of VLDL (some sort of cholesterol) still the doctor said it's just normal and can't prescribe any medication for me. Sometimes at nigh I feel like my chest muscles are being stretched specially a few hours after I eat sometimes both sides of my shoulders are aching feels like some kid is sitting on my shoulders for quite some time. I have the same problems as you guys when sleeping on my back so a couple of time i tried sleeping face down still can sleep so i stood up to get a glass of water after seconds my vision got dim and went back on again like a flickering light bulb it's was only for a second though.

As most of us here have had burping problems somehow i find burping eases my chest pain so at night when it's 4hrs after my last meal for the day and my stomach still feels like it just had a big meal it's more likely that my chest pain is to follow,when that happens I FORCE myself to BURP sometimes for hours until i feel that my chest pain slowly goes away how I do it's is to quickly get some air via my mouth kinna like reverse burp it should also give a sound similar to burping then after that I burp. And when I can't sleep doe to anxiety all I can do is watch some funny tv reruns like 2 and a half men till I feel really sleepy.

I hope my forced burping method be of help to you guys and may we get some real and lasting relief soon. Just by finding this thread and knowing im not alone with this condition somehow offers me some sort of relief.
Don't get angry, (this happened to me) but have you had your vitamin levels checked? I know, it sounds nuts but I relayed these exact a symptoms to a new doctor who ran my labs and found me with almost zero Vitamin D and seriously depleted vitimins all together. This alone causes severe emotional disturbances, panic, bad thoughts, hypocondria, that lasts all day long. Even the second upon waking. The problem is/was I was constantly panicking and so I was staying indoors, no sunlight. I was also also drinking more to calm my nerves. This behavior alone positively killed what little vitimins l had left! Bottom line, within one hour after taking the vitamin d, I wasn't panicking? After six long years, I wasn't panicking. I also found out that extreme gastric reflux (because it goes into the sinus cavity and allergies to hystimanes and other things can mimic mental illness. Dizzy, hard to breath, painful body, etc. All of which mimic panic. Think basic. Start there. I hope this helps if you've tried everything else. I tried everything and nothing worked. And I was sooooo pissed when my doc said, "Oh, I know what's going on with you. You need vitimins." I felt like I was going to deck her! But it saved my life. Best of luck to everyone. Any further questions, ***@****
Symptoms I experienced for six years:
Constant fear/anxiety even upon waking
Agoraphobia (fear of leaving house)
Unstable/Bad thoughts
Hypochandria (fear of illness)
Nausea
Shaking
Dizziness
Vision loss
Fear of dying
Anger/Short temper
Strange food cravings
Tummy pains/cramping
Shortness of breath
Tightness in chest

All of which were explained by a severe vitamin deficiency, severe enviromental allergies, alcohol and terrible acid reflux.
I started taking St. John's wort, HTP-5, digestive enzymes, stress multi B complex. You can't take the HTP-5 and Multi-B complex together. you must take the HTP-5 in the morning and the B complex in the evening. Always take them with food. I have suffered with anxiety depression for the past fifteen years along with vertigo that won't go away.  The digestive enzymes have helped my GERD more than anything. I no longer take paxil or effexor or any drugs except my metformin for borderline diabetes.
I've been feeling the same symptom for the past two months I've went to the er multiple times wher they say it's server annxeity from my back pain.Just very scared this morning at 5am I woke up with chest throat fluttering felt weird I don't know what do
I've been feeling the same symptom for the past two months I've went to the er multiple times wher they say it's server anxiety from my back pain.Just very scared this morning at 5am I woke up with chest throat fluttering felt weird I don't know what do
Misty I have had the same exact problem!  I was partying on 4th of July this year and took a couple vicodins to start off the party.  I drank throughout the day and started smoking weed after about 4 or 5 beers (at around 5pm if that matters...).  So I was fine after taking about 2 or 3 hits from a bubbler, but then, after the 4th or 5th hit...it hit me.  My head was cold but I was sweating (a really weird feeling if you've never felt it)...and I COULD NOT STOP BURPING. Not light burps either, these were from the pit of my stomach deep burps that start hurting your chest and throat after awhile.  So, my mom gives me a sleeping pill i think...I can't remember what it was but it worked.  It totally relaxed me and I just went to sleep.  So since then I've had other similar instances after just smoking weed, no vicodin or alcohol...where I kind of "trip-out" for about 30 minutes after smoking feeling weird, feeling like I"m going to die or something...it's a really scary sad feeling...the "tripping-out" part has gotten better over time, but unfortunately not the burping.  I still have really bad burping on almost a daily basis so if anyone has any advice I would greatly appreciate it.
Hi friends! I too am experiencing the same things. I am sitting in the e.r. As I type this. Firstly, it is nice to know that there are other people out there who experience the same things that I do.  I have reached a point in my life where I just cannot keep living like this. I am constantly scanning my body for pain. I can never accept the fact that it may be simply indigestion. It is always 1000 times worse in my head. I have seen so many doctors and always have negative test results. Hopefully this time too! I believe I know the root of my problem, but even knowing that does not help. I am 37 and I saw my father die of a heart attack when I was five. He was 39. I really did not start having these major problems until last year. I am getting closer to the age he was when he passed. My family assures me that I have a completely different lifestyle as he did, but it just does not make anything better. I did start seeing a holistic doctor a few months ago. He ran every possible blood test he could and found that I have candida. It is an abundance of yeast and causes a plethora of symptoms. This has made me feel better knowing that there was a name to it, but it has done nothing for my anxiety.  I have a hard time taking medication because if it has a side effect, then I get it. Sorry I am just rambling and not providing any insight, but it is helping me to accept what I need to do. I need therapy and maybe even medication. I just want to live a normal life!  For those with the gas, bloating, etc.. Please look into candida. If you have some of those symptoms it may find peace of mind for You!  Thanks for listening!
Dear Cah777,  while reading evrything you've written started crying, because almost word for word is what 's been happening to me over a number of years (gall bladder included-removed 8years ago).

I am beside myself with worry and a sense of dread at not being around for my 3 children , 23, 20 and 8yr old. My condition settled for a bit and ablation was cancelled, but since last Wednesday, my heart has started racing again, with heaviness in my chest & stomache..Also left sided shoulder pains with pain and twinges under left breast/rib cage. I've also been feeling hot and then shivery. I tried to book an appt to see my gp today but have to wait until tomorrow :-(. It's hard to explain to others how you feeel , so you keep most of it bottled up.

I feel so sad and just want this to go away..Plus I'm coeliac, have gynae issues and asthma...Also constant sore throat , sometimes with loss of voice. I really understand and feel what you are experienceing. The worry is another problem in itself. I'm still living my life as best I can, as I've no choice as my home life can be demanding..But some days are very hard going on me..And I have to pretend all is well, when it isn't .

I hope your situation has improved and you are feeling much better. Peace,Love, Healing & Blessings  Jobtsnic~xXx~
I just recently woke up at 330am. The left leg and arm felt numb, creating a tingling sensation in the toes and fingers. My girl friend said I'm shaking/trembling bad in my sleep. I feel like something stuck in my chest. I'm restless and worried now. What's wrong with me? I always search my symptoms then become worried. Is something wrong?
does anyone have this wierd feeling in thier chest not pain
Its Pepto-Bissmol
http://www.pepto-bismol.com/

or
Gavison
http://www.gaviscon.ca/
I have the same thing. I feel horrible thismorning..  ***@****
Same problems here myself. I have an anxiety attack like someone flips an anxiety switch in my chest/stomach and on the left side under my ribcage. I notice a vibrating/gurgling that lasts no more than 2 seconds in that area as well. This has happend Since I've had my gallbladder taken out. I suspect a pocket of gas affecting the vagus nerve. I've freaked everyone in my family out with it, and I feel fearful of being on my own in fear of having a heart attack. There are only 2 solutions as far as I'm concerned: keep lemon juice on standby if stomach has too low acidity or tums for stomach acidity too high (in order to burp when that tight chest feeling comes). A side note: I ALWAYS burp 1-2 minutes (sometimes up to 10 minutes) after the rush of anxiety (how convenient). I'm still exercising unless it gets significantly worse.
For the past year & a half I have experienced all of the above, discomfort in the chest constant stabbing pains in the arms & jaw, being overly aware of my heart, I have recently got into the habit of taking my heartbeat to see if it's ok, I have had 5 ecg's & an echocardiogram & a adenosine miyoveiw scan stress test and despite all if these being completely normal I just cannot seem to shake the feeling of thinking something is wrong, Anxiety is a pain in the arse, somedays are good some are bad I can honestly say that I worry everyday about my health, just 1 thing seems to set of a rolling motion, it's ain't easy being me
My heart feels like it stops then starts back up again. Which scares me into near panic attacks. I get a uncomfortable pressure inthe center of my chest that feels like air trapped there. I'm constantly checking my resting heart rate I can't focus. No one around me understands. I feel so alone. I'm glad I found this page reading your posts helps me. I'm tired of being scared.
I get all these things I ******* hate it doc told me it was the meth I youse in the past do you guys feel sometimes like your heart skips a beat or dubble the beat like a wave it starts from ur stomach and moves up two the center of your chest I found out just praying jk jeohova God helps me relax
I hate this doc told me it was the meth I youse in the past I'm taking 25mg of zoloft but it gives me anxiety an 15mg a day of buspar hate all these drugs I can't even smoke marijuana anymore cuz gives me a panic attack I found out by just praying to jeovha God helps me relax
I believe anxiety is the underlining problem here. I too have been experiencing acid Reflux - Gerd for over a year, and because of that I quit smoking ciggs/weed and alcohol. I am 6 months sober, and I changed my diet. I eat 6-7 small meals and drink only water. Plus I workout constantly but not too much, and sleep sitting up with my head at least 6 inches above my chest. This has definitely decreased my anxiety but I still have reflux, but not as bad. Its really about what you eat if you ask me, this is a sucky thing to go through. I try to keep my mind busy as much as possible. Being a 22 male I tend to keep my mind busy with the ladies, it helps i work at a strip club lol jk. I know how bad this is and its crazy how many people are experiencing the same things. I too worry about my blood pressure, heart rate when I'm at the gym, and all that other stuff, but worrying makes it worse. Just change hour diet and workout, stay away from alcohol, drugs, and caffeine if possible. =D
I'm suffering d same...I'm seeing a doc in march hope everything come normal

I am 41 years old. I had a car accident in 2008 which resulted in herniated discs in neck   nerve damage and bulging discs in the back.
I have left arm pain all the time which worries me that I could have a heart attack.
I have major anxiety but have never been diagnosed.
I am living at home cuz i am waiting on a lawsuit and for the judge to approve surgeries,
I have no insurance so how do I pay a doctor?
I been to the emergency room twice and ended up with 10K worth of bills,
I have nothign to pay them with. I just ignore the constant letters.
My credit is already shot.
I want to file for bankruptcy but that cost anywhere from 600-1200 bucks.
I gained over 50 pounds since 2008 cuz of lack of exercise and eating too much from my injuries.
I am now having a burning sensation just above my heart in my chest.
When I yawn deep it really bothers me more.
I wish i could just get an endoscopy to make sure everything is cool.
I have had GERD problems but all I have really take is prilosec and now its back again tenfold.
Every night i toss and turn in pain and takes me at least an hour or sometimes longer to fall asleep.
Whats weird is after I sleep I awake sort of refreshed with no pain but then as it gets closer to bedtime the pain arrives.
I am sure i anxiety and I am a hypocondriac but this pain is not in my head.
Sick and tired of getting xrays and everything is fine.
What should I do?  If i get charity care and go to the ER they might recommend someone for anxiety but none of these shrinks take charity care.
Well march 22nd the judge will hopefully approve my surgery.
Independent docs denied me multiple times over the last few years saying I am fine.  BS!
I don't know what i am gonna do if the judge denies my neck surgery. Getting rid of this nerve pain and then doing back surgery so I can get back in shape could be what i need.
I can't do anything more than 15 min on my feet before the burning pain in my back. It *****.

I read all my symptons on google too and sometimes I am like ok thats what i got its not serious and other times I am still stumped.

What do you people suggest for this burning in my chest?

How did your other tests turnout? Thanks!
What vitamins do you take that have helped you so much? Thanks for sharing your story and advice. (:
Had similar problems, too, turned out to be both an allergy and some sensitivities to things that I wasn't aware of being allergens! If I were you, look into what you've touched, breathed, eaten, drank, in the past hour or two. (could be longer than that, depends on the sensitivity level). I can say with certainty that my panic attacks had to do with asthmatic reactions to my sudden-onset allergies, thus causing the impending doom, thinking I couldn't breathe all the while I was practically hyperventilating. Seeing an allergist was the best thing for me. I'm sure a lot of my past anxieties were allergy-related. It's fairly common, you just have to talk to the right professional or be tipped off by someone who has been in your place before. I hope this helps someone. My anxiety has really calmed down. I still have acid reflux, and take generic Prevacid. I also have a few other conditions, as well. Believe me, after all the specialists I've seen, I've learned that most of my health issues and problems/diseases/recurring illnesses, are all related in some way. It all started when the acid reflux startled me when I least expected it, so I panicked and automatically thought it was my heart. Silly, isn't it. So I either went to the nurse's office or at night to an Urgent care. (as a 17 yr old, I was very naive) The GP doctors thought it was psychological, but then saw it was a large crop of sudden-appearing, strong, new allergies that I didn't know how to cope with. Also, I'm very allergic to fertilizers for lawn and trees, of all things. I'm even allergic to bleach, so maybe some of you can relate that you feel weird around strong smells too.  Please look for info online and watch out for contaminants in everyday packaging, it's all related to our health. There are very nasty chemicals that mess with hormones, the brain, aging, everything.  Hope you all get heard with your doctors and stay well.
I have been experiencing all these symptoms for a long time the most recent one is heart palpitations I've gone to the err so many times for this and they tell me its just anxiety there is nothing wetting with my heart so that made me feel better but they are still very scary and I take xanax. They help four a little bit but they (heart palpations) scare me the most and chi I am really glad to know I'm not alone but this page is really helping me thank you
I have had eight straight days of anxiety been to the hospital two time drs two time highblood pressure now which is increasing anxity cipralex adivan and blood pressure meds I can't function
I have also been having the same symptoms you all have been getting. It is funny, I remember the first time I got anxiety I got it for six months, currently I am going on eight this time around. The hard part right now is I feel to be getting clear of it, I waned off the medication, which has brought me strength. Now that I can fight through the attacks I feel I am in control. Now that seems to be the double-edged sword right now. I will be feeling like I beat it, and then those same frustrated family and friends that we all have talked to see that you are getting better and say to me "you look like yourself again." And I think about and say Yes. I actually not only admit it to them, but myself also. Then here is the kicker for me. The anxiety and attacks come back. it is like when I keep it all in like a secret I am fine, but when I admit it out loud I am anxious again and have to start all over. Re-frustrating those same family and friends that thought you recovered from it. I hope I am not alone on this, I wanted to share because during this post I havent had any of these same symptoms. so I know my head creates them. I just want to say to you all that you are not alone. in fact I believe we who have anxiety are really powerful. Think if we can create all this in our heads. Our mind is that powerful to create a cure for it without pills. just remember, not that you were once 'normal' because we are 'normal' even with the anxiety. I guess somewhere along the way we forgot how powerful we are. it is a costant battle, but I got to believe there is a end to our anxiety. I am sorry for the ramble, but I felt I could really open up here. -Jorge
BELLY BREATHING.
If you relax and bend over and take a really good breath your head and shoulders should rise it makes such a difference if you play a brass instrument and project the sound without blasting ,
Animals breathe correctly,watch your Dog or Cat.
REALLY GOOD ADVICE ABOUT BREATHING EXERCISES !I WONDER IF YOU PLAY A WIND INSTRUMENT AND PROJECT THE SOUND WITHOUT BEING LOUD GEORGE ROBERTS BASS TROMBONE WAS A MASTER AT THIS AND A REALLY NICE MAN,THEY USUALLY ARE.
ANIMALS BREATHE CORRECTLY!IF A PERSON BREATHS CORRECTLY THE HEAD AND SHOULDERS SHOULD RISE IF THEY BEND OVER FIRST AN THEN TAKE A BREATH.YOU OBVIOUSLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT.THANK YOU.
Hi.  I also have problems with constant anxiety, aches and burning in chest and a constant fear of dying.  I cry everyday and take care of a parent with dementia.   I just want to feel better. Don't know what to do and I have no health insurance.   Thanks for listening.
I know this is an old thread but what you sound like is you have thyroid problems. Please have doc check your thyroid levels. It makes you all sorts of whacked out!  Trust me I am right there with you
I am having racing adrenline in bed too. In so stressed. The Dr did blood work. Thyroid fine. But found h plriory. Being treated for that and on .5 xanax for stress. Scared of getting hooked omxanax. :(
Yeah, I am familiar with the throat click. The funny thing is my perception is that I am relaxed or even having fun when out of no where I get symptoms of feeling out of control, dizziness, my lungs feels like they are collapsed, like I am breathing through a straw and I feel like I want to strip my clothes off and run. I've been driving and see an ambulance and want to get them to pull over but I am too embarrassed to. I feel like I am going to die at any moment and at the same time questioning it. I pray that all of us find relief. Reading some of these post have calmed me down some. Thanks for those that posted.
HI all... I'm a 52 y/o woman that has suffered from panic and anxiety attacks since my late teens. It's been an uphill battle as I too have thought I will fall dead, faint, go insane, and a huge plethora of other things. I can see through the years when my anxiety was high and how bad it was to breathe since I sigh a lot and my stomach gets full of air. I have GERD so the reflux comes up with a vengeance. I read somewhere there is a relation between reflux, burping primarily, and anxiety attacks. I lost the page where I found this info. but I can honestly say that if I get bad gas, a darn anxiety attack will follow for sure. One good trick to use when having anxiety is go and put your hands under hot water. This will fool your system into thinking blood is flowing fine. All the pains, muscular especially, are due to muscle contractions and lack of blood. This is a really complicated, serious condition. Don't let anyone tell you its all in your head. Get treatment. It might not cure you, but it might help you cope with the symptoms.
God Bless.
I have similar symptoms when I eat...get close to using the bathroom or smoke/drink my body feels anxious and sometimes i get chest pains and my brain feels funny (if that makes any sense) and the doctor tells me nothings wrong it must be indigestion but i think its gods way of telling me to get my life on track because this all started with me drinking and smoking to much one night, hanging around the wrong ppl since then I have been back and forth from the hospital and my medical bills are sky rocketing and on top of that im dealing with unnecessary drama that I wouldnt be dealing with if i had stayed on Gods side in the first place. But i am starting to go to church every sunday and get my life right for good; and yes you are right God is good- But its scary when this keeps you up until 5 or 6 am thinking the worst is about to happen so...pray for me Leatrice King.
I have all of these symptoms except I ve been having a lower blood pressure reading and weakness and fatigue!! I've also been in and out of the doctor and always feel horrible. They keep saying its anxiety but I am reluctant to believe. So here I am trying to self diagnose and driving my family crazy with all of my unknown illnesses!! Very scared but the docs keep saying anxiety. I also have fatigue which makes my muscles feel tired and like I'm not getting enough oxygen to them....anyone else experiencing this????
I got my first panic attack at three in the morning. i was only 20 years old. The day before i drank three of the four lokos which we all know contain caffien and alchol. On top of that I was a heavy coffee drinker. My heart felt like it was going to stop and i knew that i was having a heart attack. The hospital i went to did not diagnose me with any thing I acually did it my self. Weird right? I knew the caffein and beer and stuff. had a lot to do with it. But still contiue to drink and for a while did not have these panic attack but for the past month they are starting to come back and alot of it is stress. I nedd help and suppoort to stop drinking and dont know how to do it. If ypu feel the same please respond!!!!!!!!!!!  
I am going through the same you have gone thru and taking the same medicine since your last post how are you doing has anything changed. Better or Worse. Everyday is a challenge to me. I am so tired of feeling this way and no doctor can give me an answer. Awaiting your reply. Thanks, B
I had most or all of the above. 72 yrs old. GERD, colin cancer ned. I take a 1mg Lorazapam at nite and sometimes during the day if I feel stressed etc. Dr. prescri9bes this condition as Adult Panic Attack and Anxiety Syndrome with non-specific causes. It just happens, but can be controlled.
omg....u have very similar problem as me...forcing burp is only way to relief and antacid
Im a 29 years old female , My first anxiety attack was like two years ago I thought I was having a heart attack I felt like fainting , my heart started beating reallly fast  , I felt tingling  all over my body and I couldn't breath I was really scare , they prescribe me Medicine only took it few days I didnt wanted Medicine i still get the Anxiety but know i dont know uf it has to do with my heartburns , this past week I been having hearthburns and anxiety , when I get anxious to go away I try to calm down and lay on bed and take a nap it usually goes away , I avoid a lot of stuff for heartburn  because I think that had to do with gastritis like no spicy food , no coffee, chocolates, smoking, drinking, eating late and it actually help me loose weight that's the only good thing , good luck
Thank god for this site, I'm a 37 yr old female and have been feeling alot of these symptoms like chest pain,pains in my heart and a burning sensation in my breast muscle. I have also been to a&e many times only to be told i everything is fine. I have had 3 ecg's and also see a heart specialist who also thinks everything is normal. So i guess i too am suffering from anxiety although i dont know where this has come from. Although i did watch paramedics trying to resusitate my brother  after having a fatal heartattack 2 years ago. And think it may have been a delayed reaction to this. Its so reasuring to read that i'm not alone and its so comfoting  and find it has eased my mind reading everyone elses stories. So thank You everyone.
Try to calm down...I know first hand how hard that statements is..but coming from someone who has loved with this hell for 20 yrs. I hope to ease your mind a bit.  And that's exactly what it is...our minds. U name the symptom...I've had it. And still do.  I educate myself constantly about anxiety and depression, panic attacks.  They are commonly over looked in the medical world...they think we are crazy..and give us a pill to calm down.  there's a root to it all!  the meds only put a bandaid on it.  therapy really really does help I promise you.  The meds take the edge off but therapy is key.  I know ALOT about this stuff unfortunantely. feel free to email me anyone... Helping each other...helps.  My email is... ***@****   and to answer one of u.... The anxiety causes the stomach problems.   my name is Jocelyn..and I've found that  spirituality eases my anxiety.  I read to or listen to the bible and I get calm. But I realize when in a full blow. Panic attack...u can't read or listen to ANYTHING!  it IS extremely hard for our loved ones to understand this... They don't know how to help us.  Just listening and giving support is a major help.  I'm pretty well convinced after 20 yrs. that if I ever DO really have a heart attack.... I won't know the difference. I give it all to God...and he will take care of me.  but I know how longing for a normal life...full of happiness and joy feels.  this is an awful illness...  I've wished I was someone else many times...but there are sooo many worse off.  this can be managed...I did it for a long long time... Now my gpa is dying so anxiety is high but I will prevail over this anxiety! It will NOT beat me!  Or take the rest of my life!   email me....  
So I have ha anxiety on and off since I was 18 I am 25 now.But not until just two months ago is when it started getting really bad. I havent gone to the doctor for it cause I really dont think its to the point where I need to go. My heart sometimes races I have counted my heartbeats and its normal but now Im starting to have chest pain pretty bad it was by my heart sometimes it shifts all over sometimes its  on the right side but lately its been on the left by my heart. I know I am probably just having a bad anxiety attack I try to lay down and focus and relax listen to christian music i pray alot and read my bible. Now I am at the point where i start to feel a little dizzy and my eye sight feels like it comes and goes. WHat is wrong with me everyone thinks I am insane and its just my imagination. I dont think being put on anxiety meds is what i want cause I feel that i can overcome this.. please help me :(
Wow others who have the same gastric issues I seem to have through anxiety.  Thank God I found you all.  My symptoms are that I feel as though I want to burp but can't.  It comes out on its own when it wants to and is like a volcanic eruption from the roots of my intestine.  My physical symptoms are a sort of strange tight sensation across my chest.  Not necessarily pain but more like I have stretched the muscles.  My throat also feels as though it has an acidic sensation in it and I get what feels like a lump of concrete situated at the top of my diaghpram.  The problem is that because I can't think of anything else I convince myself I have some serious heart or lung related issue.   I feel jittery and shaky (although I don't physically shake), my pulse increases, I feel as though I'm having palpitations and just generally very unwell and agitated.  I won't take medication as I am terrified it will kill me (new phobia) so I have to try and cope.  My main post is under Anxiety in general.  If anyone can offer any other suggestions on my post please feel free.  I'll try anything once as long as it doesn't involved medical intervention.
This has helped me so much, just knowing I'm not alone. I'm 18 and have had anxiety for about 3 years now. It goes in spurts, but this time it's different. It all started this time when I got a sharp pain in my breast (probably just a normal period related pain) and I convinced myself I have breast cancer. I'm pretty much over that right now, but I'm SOOOO focused on my heart beat. In the mornings when I wake up my chest feels kind of tight and just achey (achy) and weird. I do have allergies so maybe that goes with it? But I also do the whole burping thing, and feel it in my chest, and I always have my hand over my chest feeling my heartbeat. I also feel the bubbling feeling in my chest, it really scares me. I have so many illnesses on my kind 24/7.  It's really a horrible thing. I'm constantly at fear that I'm dying. I've been having pain in my upper back as well.   I should be starting college soon, but I don't think I can. High school was horrible for me, and I thought when I graduated my anxiety would stop - I guess not. I just want this to go away. I was on stratera (Strattera) for my anxiety last year and it was HORRIBLE. It caused me to have full blown panic attacks, which I don't do often. It was just a bad mistake.  Anyway, I hope you all are feeling better.
Hi I am 18 and well I have felt everything you guys are taking about the cheat pains on my heart area I feel like I am dying I have back pain my heart at first started to race in the first months but now ever since today I went outside and runned for awhile and came inside because I was so out of it and i took a shower and then I went to bed and I felty heart beat but I couldn't feel it or see it then I got scared I felt my pulse it was weak and light I thought my heart Is giving out that I am dying and it's night as I write this and experiencing these feelings now. I am scared I also have a hard time goin to the bathroom and feel like its either my heart or ribs or stomach or idk but I am soo scared I have a girlfriend an we having a baby and I don't want to leave them alone I don't want I die. I am so scared I am. Every night since June 6 I have felt like I am dying I tried many medications but they just make it worse also I have low calcium as well I try showers before I sleep and nothing . I ate like 4 slices of pizza ice tea then I started a bonfire an then I started to run idk if this feeling in my chest acid from pizza or my lungs from the smoke from the fire or my heart giving out from the running and that's why my heart beat now feels like Its getting very weak and low. Also I have felt a couple of times before and now when I try sleeping like my kind is shutting down and my heart is shutting down like this low feeling around my body then it like I start to pass out but I wake up again? Idk what this I can use some help pls I am desperate. My doc also told me to avoid msg foods like chiness food
Dear all, I am writing this post from mobile so please ignore any spelling mistake. I read all the post and it's very much similar what is happening with me. burping, gas, very strange feeling between chest but no pain and many time I hear strange sound from stomach. I never had this problem. I am in France since Feb 2013 and it started in April. I visited doctor but he said there is no problem, even I had BP check and ECG done, then he said it may be because of work pressure or I new to France it may be another reason :(. then I started finding on my self what could be the reason. I left eating rice no result. I left drinking cold milk even I reduced the intake of coffee. Somewhere I read that it may be because of acidity so I started drinking a lot of water, in day almost 3 liters. after doing this I feel relaxed it got reduced. I think its not solution but when I drink water I get lot of burps which means something is stuck inside. Hope this will help other. I have A visit scheduled after 2 week with cardiac specialist I hope everything will be fine.
I am so thankful I've found this, I've only developed anxiety this bad recently. Sometimes I can talk myself out of it and I'm fine but then other times (like now for example) I feel gassy, and a pain below my ribs and am constantly aware of my heart rate. I'm currently in Vietnam and had one, went to the hospital and had all sorts of tests and I'm fine. Strong healthy heart etc. It's just so frustrating as I find no one else really understands, almost comforting to find out you're not the only one
Im at ease that im not the only one not going through this ********
    I've been experiencing Anxiety like symptoms since October, 2013. I am twenty five years of age and have also been an outgoing guy. Over the course of the last few months, I have had a lot of things happen in my life.
   While sitting at a dinner table with my girlfriend, my head began to tingle and I began to sweat. I then felt a warm feeling and thought I was about to faint. I did not experience any pain and quickly recovered.
   Since then, I have visited my doctor who believes I may be experiencing Anxiety. I have experienced many of the above mentioned symptoms and can relate to many of you. One of the ways which I have found benefical in fighting Anxiety is to find someone who can relate. Not only that, It is important to recognize that you do in fact have Anxiety and are able to accept it. Find someone who you can call, at any time. Find things to do that comfort you. For me, I take a nice hot shower and it helps big time. Eat healthy. It makes you feel better in general.  
   I thank god every day that I am alive. So often, you hear of both young and old who die unexpectitly or face much more challenging health concerns then Anxiety.
   Anxiety is one of the scariest experiences I have yet faced. However, I am determined to conquer it.
   Remember, there are many of us out there. Find a support.
I am 47, never had health issues in my life but in Jul 2012 I had a stent placed in my LAD. I really had no issues to even know anything was wrong, I smoked, about 2 packs week or less, and I was a heavy meat eater, I exercised more than not, but not an everyday thing. Prior to the stent, my only tip off was a burning sensation in my left arm. I only felt it during certain types of exertion. The reason I went to the ER was because I felt a very intense weird dry ache in my esophagus at the time, I thought it was my chest. It caught my attention but I ignored it, a week later I started getting more signs of a heart attack...jaw, neck and back pain. Then one day I just felt horrible...like I was going to die at any minute...nausea, lightheaded, fullness in throat and chest. The wife took me to the ER, GERD!!! that's what they said. They recommended I take a stress test. I ignored it, then 2 months later found myself with the same arm pain and shortness of breath this time. I had a second stent added in Nov 2013, I started having other symptom.
Now I have the same exact symptoms as Furface. Except I feel fast sharp needle like pains in my chest, usually the right side, but sometimes on the left side. But your symptoms "I feel as though I want to burp but can't, strange tight sensation across my chest, Not necessarily pain but more like I have stretched the muscles.  My throat also feels as though it has an acidic sensation in it and I get what feels like a lump of concrete situated at the top of my diaphragm", mirror mine almost to a t. I have stopped taking all GERD medication, right after my first stent, I felt great from Aug to Apr, except for a few adjustments. I started to take the GERD medication prescribed to me in Mar and I haven't been the same. I am on Plavix, Aspirin, Atenolol, HCTZ, Crestor. I was on a simvastatin that really messed me up, Crestor is just a bit better. I don't want to say that I am glad I am not the only one, I don't want anyone else to be in the same boat as me, but it is reassuring to know it isn't in my mind

about 3 weeks now i've been having a kind of shake, vibration, strong beats or uncontrollable movement like beating which quickly shakes down within seconds between  within my chest and diaphram, though this comes about 5 to 8 times on daily basis so it made me uncomfortable but am strong i can do a long walk, i sleep well i can run and i feel healthy but only that problem, so i remembered i have cimetidine tablets which i ususlly use to control my ulcer though i left it for about four months now, i took a a pill of about 400mg, within 30mins i had a good feel of my body and those signs disapeard, i guess the movement could be due to gas in my system which pushes intermitently in my chest or diaphram region, i hope this will help someone...***@****
after my 5th trip to the er, a CAT scan, echo, heart cath, xrays, I am healthy, but how found out Im suffering from severe panic attacks. Ive always had a touch of anxiety, like when traveling or before a big event. Im a person that holds my stress in and this past novemeber my body had enough. I hit a brick wall. It started with a migraine that was so intense I had to go to the hospital. They put me on a strong dose of naproxn which ate a hole in my stomach then giving me back acid reflux. With all these new medical problems my anxiety started to go up, then one day I could of swore I was gonna die. I thought I was having a heart attack, arms and fingers went numb, my tounge went numb, shortness of break, heart racing, face felt like it was on fire but I was shaking and freezing. Finally at my last ER visit which was JUST last Saturday the doctor told me I am a classic case of panic attack disorder. I paniced even more, NO No NO I dont want a disorder, just fix the problem and make me better. I am currently on Escitalopram which in 4-6 weeks is supposed to prevent any more anxiety, but until I get to that point Im also on Hydroxyzine and for a serious attack  Lorazepam. Im also going to get my hormone levels checked in a couple weeks. I want all this to go away just as fast as it started. I can hardly function. It just consumes my entire life.... aghhhh.
Im 48 yr old male experiencing same symptoms, had multiple test, EKG's,heart monitor tests, etc, tried almost every kind of med as Ive had this get worst through out the years, I had suffered lung damage to an exposure to Lorsban Pesticide at work.Most of these symptoms started AFTER I quit smoking pot after 43 years of use, after talking to a doctor who suggested that I return to pot, I have reluctantly decided to follow his advice.  Currently atm im having one of these episodes and it seems to cycle off and on.But I do feel pot helps me relax, I guess Im posting this as my "internet diary" of my symptoms and solutions
Sounds a lot like me, even down to the metoprolol tar trait
Have you found a cure?
I can relate to  mikeo on here  I have had all the same symptoms exact everyday for over a year loads of tests then one doctor done a bloodtest and turned out I was severely low in vitamin d  3.2 it was now takeing tablets hope I get better but get it checked if you are suffering same symptoms
I can relate to Mikieo I have had all the same symptoms exact everyday for over a year loads of tests then one doctor done a bloodtest and turned out I was severely low in vitamin d now takeing tablets hope I get better but get it checked if you are suffering same symptoms
I HAVE THE SAME STUFF AND KNOW EXACTLY HOW YOU FEEL HAD THIS FOR OVER 10 YEARS BUT IT IS JUST STARTING TO GET A LITTLE BETTER , HANG IN AND DONT EVER GIVE UP HOPE.
HANG IN DONT EVER GIVE UP KNOWING THAT IT WILL GO AWAY.
HAS ANYBODY HAD LOW BLOOD PRESSURE OR POOLING OF BLOOD IN YOUR LEGS AND FEET AND CANT STAND LONG, OR WHEN STANDING FOR A LITTLE WHILE YOU FEEL LIKE TO HAVE TO SIT RIGHT AWAY?
I'm just reading through these old posts looking for hope.  I have a very similar situation to yours and feeling so hopeless.  How are you doing?  Have you experienced any relief?
YOU ARE NOT ALONE.
I JUST STARTED HAVING SOME RELIEF AFTER 10 YEARS.
I thought I was losing it. I just had the paramedics come to my house. I have all the same symptoms  that people have discussed in the thread, mostly the tightness in the chest. The pain is unbearable when I have these "attacks". I noticed that my attacks usually only happen at night and mostly when I'm alone. I have noticed that sometimes after a big meal are when the worst attacks hit.  It now seems like I have a tightness in my chest all the time.
I'm in my twenties and have had some trauma in my life (dad died when I was 15, was a marine in Afghanistan) so I guess these attacks can have something to do with that. But they come out of nowhere and frankly they just
Suck

Typing this has helped me relax a little. Here's a tip, the only thing that helped ease the pain was constantly burping and then I forced myself to go to the bathroom and a lot came out (sorry to talk about poop) but I have I say it helped a lot. Could be gas that triggered the attack and then it just got worse from there.  Everyone that is suffering from this I hope you guys find some relief. This is just horrible.
Viewing 201-270 comments:
Jade59 commented on dirty socks
11 mins ago
IndigoIris commented on Tramadol & Ultram...
32 mins ago
Jade59 commented on photo
1 hr ago