Anxiety Community
Severe Anxiety...please help!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Severe Anxiety...please help!

I have been diagnosed with severe anxiety/panic disorder/OCD and chronic depression. I started taking prozac last november then I stopped in march. I did see a huge difference in myself while being on the meds, but I did stop taking them. But now, my anxiety is worse than it has ever been. I am convinced I have some sort of deadly disease and i am constantly researching any symptom I think I may have. I can't stop thinking about my health, and its taking over my life. One week I think its cancer, the next week, I think its HIV. I have been to the doctors several times of the past two months and I was told I am in good health. But I cannot stop my anxiety. Its driving me crazy! I know I must sound like a crazy person, but I don't know what to do. Is there anyone who can relate to me? And if so, what do you recommend? I can't keep living with this anxiety! But I really really want to live a life without medication. is that possible??? Any advice would be great.
i say go back dr get back on meds some folks cant live with out the meds its ok to take them , its a part of life and without them your not going to have much of a life . so go back get back on and start living again.
Hey,

I have major anxiety too, mine is hypochondriasis like yours as well....I found that I needed to go back on the meds.  I went off them when I started feeling better, and my anxiety came back worse than before.... :)  good luck hun.
Hi i feel your pain i was you 6 years ago exactlly...i had every sickness in the world cancer ,aids but i took it further i had lupis ,rheumitiod arthritis, blood clots, heart blockage, brain tumar, you name it i had it i had every test you could think of spent my life savings and all for nothing im fine its all panic...TRUST ME!!!! i know exaclly how you feel and your gonna read this and want to believe me but you cant i think its part of the illness...Go back on the meds... i only suffer from severe panic and im on klonopin and it works but if you have other issues like depression you should be on a anti depresent also but i feel that they do not work well for panic so speak with you doctor about klonopin it really helps control my panic..good luck to you i was there once and now im altmost med free and feeling good so dont worry you'll find what works for you...any questions please feel free to write to me...///Gina
Hi there. First of all you don't sound crazy. I really think that it would be a good idea to go back to the doctor and see about going on the meds again. You said you could tell the difference before when you were on them. I get health anxiety too, and trust me googling all my symptoms drove me crazy. I think you're lucky that you did get a medication and you had no side effects and it worked for you. I have tried so many antidepressents and can't take them. So I had to do everything the natural way. I still am not back to my normal self, but continue to try and get there everyday. Please go talk to your doctor and see what happens.
Jade59, and CRSeaside commented on CRSeaside's status
45 mins ago
melimeli commented on mhv's status
Cincy513 commented on Salivary gland disord...