Anxiety Community
Social Anxiety Disorder

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Social Anxiety Disorder

i havent been diagnosed but i have EVERYTHING that social anxiety is. ive had it for like a year or two and i had symptoms of social anxiety  for acouple of years but i was shy or actualy i had social anxiety but it wasn't as bad as it is right now. i dunno, okay well lets get to the point. is there a way to get over social anxiety.. even just a little bit. to the point where you can go do what you need to do but still feel alittle scared?
There IS a way to get over social anxiety. See your doctor as soon as you can and tell him/her what you've told us. It's that simple. You may be put on some meds for awhile and you may be advised to get some therapy, which is a very wise idea. You've been living with this (and like this) which ***** for two years! Enough is enough. You are way too young to waste this great time of your life.............you should be out there having fun with all your friends. So don't waste another minute, Toots! Be pro-active and get the help you need. You obviously want it or you wouldn't have come to us!
Keep us posted and know that you can AND WILL beat this!
Peace
Greenlydia  
I don't know what I have.  I am great when meeting people the first and second time.  And they think I am great too!  Third time?  I start getting nervous even if there is nothing to be nervous about, I can't think of any stimulating conversation, and worse, I get incoherent with the topic I am trying to talk about. Then I kind of feel stupid and thinking that this person probably thinks I am stupid. And then get embarassed to myself! Why do I feel like this? This  happens even worse when a person that I talk to is smart or more accomplished than I am.  Example are my bosses, and other accomplished people. Am I having inferiority complex?  How do I get over this?  I've always reminded myself that accomplishments should not be a hindrance for me to get comfortable with people who I like the first and second time and who liked me anyway!  I am suffering for so many years now and don't know why this happens to me.  It is like a "spell". I can't keep friendship although I am a good person because I tend to avoid these people. My brain freezes when I see them. Help me please?
i have a problem with eating in first of people...but no one gets it...i also do not like to go places anymore...i'm home most of the time....i do go to school but it is hard to  breath in the school...i freak out that i have to go..can anyone help me
char1234vass :) Comment
13 mins ago
LindaTX commented on margypops's status
1 hr ago
LindaTX commented on mkh9's status
1 hr ago
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms