Social Phobia problems
Hi there,

Im nearly 30 and for many years have suffered with social phobia. I run my own business and from day to day im quite a chirpy confident person but certain events or situations just ruin me. I have my friends 30th birthday celebrations this weekend and it will be the first time I would have introduced my newish girlfriend to a lot of people. The thought of it has been playing on my mind for weeks. I feel sick at the thought of it and cant gurarentee how i'll react to the situation on the night. Sometimes it makes me really tense and totally not myself. I feel as though having a girlfriend intensifies these anxieties when it comes to social events. Can anyone give me any advice please??
I also suffer from the same thing... my advice would be to stand up and introduce her to everyone at the same time... like say everybody this is my girlfriend and and then tell your girlfriend this is everybody... lol!! It might lighten the mood a little bit.
Maybe you should tell your girlfriend about your problem and she will understand it better but if your like me then your ashamed of it!! :(
You can do this!!!
So have you managed to overcome this at all? I hate feeling like this, just don't feel myself when it comes to social events when really I should be embracing them!
I also suffer from Social anxiety and currently on Effexor XR 75mg for this condition.