Anxiety Community
Somebody PLEASE... Just help me:(

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Somebody PLEASE... Just help me:(

hi. I'm Christy. I'm 16 years old. About 5 months ago I had a really awful cold. It was so bad that it made me dizzy (some colds do that ) and I went to the doctors and they said it could just be all the mucus and liquid from my cold all backed up in my ear and it's causing me to feel that way. They said it was vertigo and that it would go away in a few weeks, they have me medication and it didn't help. I have went to the hospital for 6 hours straight and had all my blood work done and I got the results back and nothing is wrong with me. They said I'm low on sugar a little bit but I have always been that way. I really don't think that's the reason I'm dizzy. Because I have fixed that and have enough sugar now every day. I was like that before this even happened so it's not that.  Everyone keeps saying that it's anxiety and I think it might be too but I'm not sure. I don't understand how anxiety can make someone feel dizzy and unbalanced all day every day. I just am completely hopeless. I have a boyfriend and it's so embarrassing. He doesn't know what to say, my family doesn't know what to say they just say it's all in my head but it's making me so extremely mentally depressed and ruining my life. Someone please, if u have ever had this or can help, please do. I just want my life back. Idk what I did to deserve this.
  Hi Christy,

Based on your comments it might be worthwhile to see a ENT  (Ear, nose, and throat doctor) if possible.  I have seen cases where a severe head cold with secondary infection damaged the Eustachian tube that connects the nose/throat to the inner ear. By damage I mean thickening of the tissue in the tube which limits the "clearing" (think of when you yawn and your ears "pop"). This limitation can in some cases affect your inner ear giving you a "dizzy" sensation.  Since you say that you did not have this problem prior to your cold, that would be the first place I would check.  To your other comment, yes, anxiety can make you dizzy but again, since you did not have the problem prior to your cold it would not seem to fit your problem.  
yes u shuld c a doctor for sinus issues and anxiety can cause all sorts of health issues take a anxiety test online c if it fits there is a free anxiety test site that will ask u questions good luck
When you have anxiety you feel anxious for no particular reason.  You don't say if you experience irrational anxiety, but anxiety over this dizziness is rational, it has a definite and real reason.  If you don't feel anxious it isn't anxiety.  The post above about the eustacian tube might be a little dramatic, they can just be clogged and cause dizziness.  Problems with the inner ear can cause dizziness.  My guess is, as with most problems with the ear and sinuses, they just eventually go away, but I think the suggestion to see an ENT specialist is a good one.  As for your blood sugar, you may also have a more systemic problem with your diet that eating more sugar won't fix but might make worse.  I'd also get my thyroid checked just in case.  Good luck.
mishymoshymarcy "Your words mean nothing wh... Comment
38 mins ago
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
45 mins ago
remar, and specialmom commented on remar's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms