Someone help please breathing weird
Hey guys so I in the past have taken lexapro and it worked great and went off for a while Im now back on and this is day 8 My main anxiety symptom is that I always took deep breaths all day and sometimes it was hard to get a deep satisfying one so to speak, these past few days it has felt like I dont even feel my breathing if that makes sense like a deep breath feels like a regular breath I dont get that satisfaction, its not like before I felt the deep breaths and It felt normal now it feels like i just take it and dont feel anything like my mind isnt sensing it its really weird anyone know why could the Lexapro be causing this?
I doubt the Lex is affecting your breathing but you might call your pharmacist or see what doc says. Likely it is just anxiety making you overly aware of your body so you start thinking things aren't the way they were before.
Do you have any COPD or other breathing issues normally? If not, are breathing fears the only reason you went on Lex this time? - you said breathing is your main anxiety symptom so am I interpreting your comment correctly?
I never had any breathing issues opposed to this, This is the first time im experiencing something like this though. Yeah I went on lex again because my breathing was not good I could not get many good breaths in when It was good I was ok and didnt worry about it. This time around its different its like I dont feel my breathing you know? Like If i take a deep breathe it feels like a regular one no satisfaction i dont be like oh its a good feeling it doesnt feel like anything idk how to describe it exactly
You told your doc you needed a prescription for Lex because of breathing anxiety?
No I visit a psychiatrist after doing a whole bunch of tests for it I went to the psychiatrist and then he perscribed lexapro the first time around aswell as klonopin as needed i stopped lex for a bit and am now back on because i feel i need it again.
What tests did you do?  Breathing tests?
I did the following:

Standard breathing test
Ectocardiogram
Blood test
Chest- X ray
and went to the pulmonologist and did some tests to
Ok, it seems your health and breathing are excellent since you are just 20, have been tested and you passed. They must have told you the breathing is fine but you were still worried so saw a psychiatrist. I think anxiety has just got the best of you at this point if that is any help.
If you exercise to the point you are practically out of breath, then that would be one way for you to prove to yourself that you are breathing correctly. Do you exercise - or if not, is there any form of exercise that you might be interested in?
Yes I used to do cardio and weight training but stopped due to this change in like feeling my breathing
Since they told you you are fine, why don't you do some cardio thing tomorrow even if it is just walking non-stop for a while then going up a big hill. Do it until you are breathing really hard then notice that there is nothing wrong. With the recent power issues I have been reading about in the east, I hope there isn't too much ice in your area to walk safely at a brisk pace.
Any doctors can comment on this please??
In Calgary we have access to a healthlink system where a nurse answers your questions and determines if your situation warrants a trip to the hospital. If that kind of service is available in Windsor you should call them for advice. You already passed all the medical tests so the only thing stopping you from exercising is your fear that the tests were incorrect.