Someone managed to quit smoking with a severe panic disorder and a lot of anxiety?
Ok, I need to stop smoking soon, really soon. Tomorrow is my goal...

To be honnest, since 2 months now, each morning when I smoke my first cigarette, I do a severe panic attack because of the fast heart beat... and each time I say to myself that I need to stop, but the more I wait, the more I feel bad and the more I feel anxious.... I also know it's very bad for my health and for my anxiety!!!

My question is that I wonder if someone succeed to stop smoking, even with a severe panic disorder and a lot of anxiety and worries?

I ask my PDoc about quit smoking and he say to wait until my anxiety will be manage. I also ask my Family Doc who answer the same thing... my Therapist think the same...

Anyway's, every cigarette I light make me more anxious because I know it's bad for my heart and my heart is my major concern... and I also feel ashamed cause I can't stop like all the peoples do around me in the last 2 years...

What to do if I want to stop ? I want some tricks if it's possible... Since I also have agoraphobia and can't go out of the house, I don't work and have a lot of free time to think and worry about my heart and my anxiety... What I can do insistead of smoking a cigarette when i'm very anxious?

I have some boxes of nicotine patchs and also some boxes of nicotine lozenges... I can use them for some weeks, it will be probably less dangerous for my heart and reduce my fear about having a heart attack or freak out each time I do a panic attack...

Anyway, thanks for your advises!

I have to be honest, I was a fairly heavy smoker. I got pregnant and my doctor advised that I dont quit but that I cut back. I already had to get off xanax and they didnt feel that it was a good idea to overload me I guess. So I smoked my whole pregnancy. Not alot but still. I went into the hospital to have her and afterwards my blood pressure spiked up really high and I had to stay in longer than expected.
I dont know what it was but the whole experience scared me enough that I knew I had to quit. It was going to be hard because my boyfriend at the time smoked around me all the time. But I got home from the hospital and I just never had another cigarette. It was very hard at times and I almost gave up but it did not make my anxiety worse. My mood yes but anxiety not at all. Within a week, whenever my boyfriend smoked around me I realized how horrible it smelled and he smelled. Within 2 weeks, I had taste back and the smell made me sick. That was it, I just quit. Now mind you there was once or twice over the past 13 years that I have gotten drunk and smoked while drunk, but other than that I have not craved it or anything. I think replacing smoking with eating healthy snacks like almonds, fruit etc and getting up and doing something when you feel the urge is your best bet. I dont know how well patches etc work to be honest. If you do panic from not having a smoke just realize that you are lowering your blood pressure by not having it, clearing your lungs and just being healthier. Smoking that cigarette wont stop a panic attack.
Good Luck and good for you for wanting to quit. Stick with it!