Anxiety Community
Sore Throat From Anxiety?

A community of people with Anxiety offering support through your health journey. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks, and disorders.

Sore Throat From Anxiety?

Is it possible to get a sore throat purely from anxiety? I have been having terrible anxiety during the last three weeks related to a possible (but low-risk) HIV exposure. I have been dreading the idea that "symptoms" like a sore throat are going to appear — and last night I suddenly came down with a sore throat. The strange thing though is that the anti-anxiety medication (Clonazepam) that my doctor gave me to help while I'm waiting to get tested seems to make the sore throat go away, at least temporarily. Does this make it more likely that the sore throat is purely related to stress? Has anyone else experienced this?
well i thought i was the only one, i had a sore throat for about three weeks. the thing is anxiety can cause the persistence of infections so dont worry, anxiety effects all parts of the body in differant ways.
mishymoshymarcy TICK TOCK. TICK TOCK. TICK ... Comment
Paxiled commented on FDA issued a warning ...
mishymoshymarcy commented on mishymoshymarcy's status
Anxiety Tracker
Track Anxiety Symptoms