Anxiety Community
Speech problems and anxiety

This patient support community is for discussions relating to generalized anxiety, anxiety and eating, anxiety and sleeping, mood swings, panic attacks and panic disorders.

Speech problems and anxiety

I am a 30 year old female with a diagnosis of generalized anxiety disorder and depression.  I have been feeling a lot of anxiety the last few months. Today has been really bad because I have had a severe bout of insomnia the last few days.  I called and tried to talk to my mom about everything I have been feeling (she is a counselor) and this afternoon it was like my brain rebooted.  I just feel really foggy and I'm speaking really haltingly (as one of my co-workers put it "robotically") and not in complete sentences.  I know what I'm trying to say but I have trouble getting the words out.  This has happened to me before, a few years ago, but that was after a head injury. It went away after a couple of weeks but I have not had any head trauma since then.  Has anyone else experienced this?  How long does it normally last?
Just keep speaking. Just talk and talk and talk and it should go away. Your mind is concentrated on 'Why can't I talk right?' so it's making you panic as you speak which will do that to you. I've had times when I start talking with someone, we'll be going back and forth and then I start focusing on my health in my mind during the convo (why? I have no f*cking clue!!! :[ ) and then my speaking starts to get wierd. I'll panic, heart will race and then I have to hide and breathe for like 5 minutes to calm myself down. :( But when the situation happened agian and agian, I just kept talking and trust me I wanted to scream and run away when I'd start to panic but I just hung in there and eventually it faded. It still happens if I start thinking but I don't panic anymore about it and it'll go away within seconds.
and remember. When you are running from a tiger, you are not speaking. Just think about someone jogging with a friend and talking at the same time. You are not def not speaking correctly and talking (breathe) then talk because you are in a flight mode and out of breathe but it doesn't bother you then. It s*cks but good luck.
After no sleep or poor sleep, you may have trouble talking.  Remember it takes energy and concentration to carry on a conversation!

I'd try to get meds straight so you can sleep.  Believe you will feel better then.
SSow is ... Comment
37 mins ago
Moma_Cher commented on photo
1 hr ago
Meganann123 commented on Tramadol & Ultram...